A Mercedes for Soldier Boy by Vance Huxley

A Mercedes for Soldier Boy

by Vance Huxley

721,738,246 (2.5)None

No tags.

I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher for reviewing purposes.

When I originally opted to review this book I wasn't familiar with it asides for the blurb sounding pretty interesting, as it turns out it's the 4th book in a series of 5 (so far) books, the 3 prior of which I obviously haven't read when reviewing this.

Starting out thankfully the author includes a brief overview of the situation at hand in a concise manner that gives you a reasonable grounding when starting out. Whilst I'm sure it would be immensely beneficial to have read the 3 prior books it wasn't too jarring starting out with just the overview although you do step straight into the action. I found it took a few chapters to really get a feel for the story's atmosphere, but as I said I haven't read the prior books so if you have you won't have this limitation.

The story itself was enjoyable and I became quite enthralled as events unfolded to the point that I'll be looking for book 5, Last Man Standing, to see how things unfold after this rather dramatic ending.

Overall, and excellent dystopian slash post collapse Europe novel. ( )
  HenriMoreaux | Jan 9, 2020 |
This book just turned me off by explaining the entire plot in the first paragraphs instead of letting the story unfold. ( )
  CarriePalmer | Dec 9, 2019 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Vance Huxley's book Fall of the Cities: A Mercedes For Soldier Boy is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,568,986 books! | Top bar: Always visible