The Fart Party by Julia Wertz

The Fart Party

by Julia Wertz

I love Julia Wertz. I subscribe to her comic/website. Needless to say, it goes without saying that I will love this book even though I haven't read it yet. Plan to. Very soon. If you want to read some of her comics (and I highly suggest you do) you can read them here. Be forewarned, her humor is sarcastic and a bit dark at times, which is what I love about it.

admccrae | Apr 3, 2013 |
Summary: The Fart Party is the unfortunately named but frequently hilarious autobiographical comic of twenty-something smartass San Franciscan Julia Wertz. Volume 1 is less of a graphic novel and more of a collection of one-off comics on the daily absurdities of life and relationships, although the end of the collection deals with her boyfriend Oliver leaving for law school in Vermont.

Review: Wertz's humor is not for everyone; it is unapologetically crass, and it features a fair amount of swearing, booze, sexytimes, and fantasizing about ripping off the limbs of that one really annoying person at work. But if all of that is a-okay by you, then Wertz's comics are hilarious, and what's better, hilariously recognizable. Her vignettes mostly feature things that happen to everyone: getting mad at someone because of something they did in a dream, dancing around your house in your pajamas, making big plans for the day but getting sidetracked and suddenly realizing it's midnight... but somehow they're much funnier when they're happening to her. Her artwork is black & white pen and ink, uncomplicated and straightforward in a way that works really well with the comic timing of her strips. Most of the comics in this volume I'd already read on her website, but I didn't mind revisiting them... and it all still made me giggle, even the second time around. 4 out of 5 stars. ( )
  fyrefly98 | Sep 12, 2011 |
wow. that was wildly inappropriate! i wish i could find a girl like julia all for myself. ( )
  arsmith | Jul 11, 2008 |
This book is dedicated to my big brother and best friend Josh
FUCK!

"The Fart Party" is an online comic by Julia Wertz that is a great snapshot of life in San Francisco as seen through the eyes of a highly sarcastic and sometimes deadly up-and-coming comic artist. The book includes the 80% of comics NOT posted online, interviews, funny fan letters and never before seen illustrations! It chronicles Wertz's first year of making comics, living in San Francisco, going to conventions, moving apartments, finishing college, the demise of a relationship, all that typical stuff but nicely wrapped up into tiny little boxes on paper! Includes an introduction by Peter Bagge.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:51 -0400)

The Fart Party is online comic by Julia Wertz that is a great snapshot of life in San Francisco as seen through the eyes of a highly sarcastic and sometimes deadly up-and-coming comic artist. The book includes the 80% of comics NOT posted online, interviews, funny fan letters and never before seen illustrations It chronicles Wertz's first year of making comics, living in San Francisco, going to conventions, moving apartments, finishing college, the demise of a relationship, all that typical crap but nicely wrapped up into tiny little boxes on paper Includes an introduction by Peter Bagge.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,361,897 books! | Top bar: Always visible