A Time to Harvest by Dayton Ward
On the cusp of their epic battle with Shinzon, many of Captain Jean-Luc Picard's long-time crew were heading for new assignments and new challenges. Among the changes were William Riker's promotion to captain and his new command, Riker's marriage to Counselor Deanna Troi, and Dr. Beverly Crusher's new career at Starfleet Medical. But the story of what set them on a path away from the Starship Enterprise(tm) has never been told. UNTIL NOW. Still reeling from the disastrous events that have rocked all of Starfleet and tarnished the career of one of the Federation's most decorated captains, Picard and his crew must now endure the unthinkable: scandal, ostracism, and an uncertain future. But despite all that has occurred, none aboard the Enterprise have forgotten their duty as Starfleet officers.... Assigned to assist the imperiled Dokaalan -- a small colony of refugees who maintain a precarious existence in a rapidly disintegrating asteroid mining complex -- the Enterprise crew must somehow aid this alien race in terraforming a nearby planet so that it might someday provide a new home for their kind. But violent acts of sabotage soon turn a humanitarian crisis into a deadly confrontation. To save the Dokaalan from extinction, Picard must uncover the presence of an old adversary -- and prevent a disaster of catastrophic proportions!… (more)

A Time to Harvest was much more exciting than the previous book in this series. I could read the book quickly and I liked the pace that the story moved at.

Sometimes too much attention was drawn to small details such as Geordi's pant leg or an alien touching her left arm. However, I do not see how the story would have made sense without these details.

This is a good book if you are looking to just relax. It reads like an episode of Star Trek The Next Generation. ( )
  RKoletteL | Aug 22, 2013 |
A decent tale with believable characters and situations that would easily have been "seen" on the regular tv show. The first book I've read of the "A Time to..." series so it's difficult to compare it to the others. A good little read - I would purchase another book from these authors again. ( )
  savageknight | Sep 23, 2008 |

Dayton Wardprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dilmore, Kevinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Prologue: Translated from the personal journal of Hjatyn:
As I write this, I wonder whether generations to come will read what I have recorded here and think they have somehow mistaken one old man's journal for a work of fiction.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,923,463 books! | Top bar: Always visible