Forever Faithful by Blaine Lee Pardoe
811,551,942 (3.17)None
SEMPER FIDELISIn the year 3060, the reborn Star League has destroyed Clan Smoke Jaguar, conquered their home world Huntress, and scattered the few remaining Jaguar warriors to the winds. Now the League seeks to end the Clan invasion for good by using former Smoke Jaguars against their own people.Meanwhile, two bitter enemies seek to salvage a future for the last Jaguars in existence: Trent, who betrayed his wayward Clan to help them regain their honor, and Paul Moon, a disgraced warrior torn between his pledged loyalty to the Star League and a duty to the Smoke Jaguar civilization he was born to protect.But power-hungry predators lurk in Clan space, waiting for the right time to strike the vulnerable Star League forces. And to the victor will go the spoils: the priceless artifacts of a destroyed Clan and the sacred genetics of the final generation of Smoke Jaguar warriors.Trent and Paul Moon must fight tooth and nail against would-be conquerors to save the soul of the surviving Jaguar people before they are consigned to the annals of history. But will their divergent plans tear the survivors apart, or lead them toward freedom?… (more)

Fun read. It is a character driven story, so there isn't alot plot wise or acton wise, but the characters are interesting to follow. I'm not well versed in the Battletech universe, having only read 5 or 6 books(but I keep current on the timeline every years or so) but I had no problem following the what's-what and who's-who, so kudos to the author!

The mech battle scenes were boring as usual(to me), but I hold no grudge to the author, it's difficult to make Mech battles interesting.(they are fun to play, boring to read)Thankfully, there were only 2 battles described in the book :P

The last few chapters were interesting too, since they give the impression that the Battletech storyline/timeline will once again move forward.

3.5 stars! ( )
  kinwolf | Feb 27, 2019 |
I dedicate this to my grandson, Trenton Davis Hester—future MechWarrior. And to the Catalyst Demo Team, who always invites me to play at Gen Con and makes sure my ego is properly boosted. Seyla!
Paladin Victor Steiner-Davion looked at the screen and drew a long, deep breath.
No one has migrated a planetary population in recent memory, though the Jade Falcons claimed to have done that on Somerset in the Inner Sphere.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,830,021 books! | Top bar: Always visible