Starting a Business QuickStart Guide: The…

Starting a Business QuickStart Guide: The Simplified Beginner’s…

by Ken Colwell Phd Mba

225712,510 (5)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A very useful and informative read. I really liked it! a key thing that I took from it is the difference between an idea and an opportunity. It also has a good number of examples in the early parts of the book that drive the points home, it showcases how to make a business plan (and why you need one), has caution sections for various things that many people get wrong, has 48 graphs, numerous free resources etc. In short a must.
I received this book through Library Thing Early Reviewers. ( )
  paine38 | Aug 20, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Good go-to reference for starting a business

The book gives a high-level overview for starting a business. It is written more like a textbook and less like a motivational piece. It covers all of the basics and explains the terminology, giving plenty of examples. I would definitely consider it to be a reference book. It is a good starting place and I found myself wanting to look up some of the concepts in more detail from other sources.
  JTan | Jul 15, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I would highly recommend this book as a reliable guide and resource to others. It has insights that other books on this topic I have read in the past do not provide and is written in a language that is easy for the reader to understand. This book is well suited for anyone who has considered entrepreneurship. The practical solutions and clear explanations of decisions required to establish your business are helpful to someone just starting out.

The inner thought life of the entrepreneurial leader was address so clearly and thoughtfully. It is a long-awaited approach to describe the tactical psychology needed for success in addition to hard work mantra so often emphasized in this genre of books.

The author addressed many myths that will encourage anyone who wants to be an entrepreneur but thought they are only "born" of a particular personality or type.

It provides viable solutions for topics such as market research that make the task less daunting for presenting your business plan. The book also includes the practical steps required to be successful in crafting your business plan and business relationships for the selected business model.

The author shared that entrepreneurs must accept a mindset of change being constant, inevitable, and useful as part of their business approach. The advice was given to "play chess, not checkers" is good strategic thinking.
The online resources available with the book make it a learning experience equivalent to a self-paced online learning class. The reader will be knowledgeable and able to act as a result of spending time with Mr. Colwell as an entrepreneurial coach.

I received this book as a Library Thing Early Reviewer’s Copy and appreciated the opportunity to read the book and did not impact this subsequent review of the book. ( )
  dtwoodford | Jul 6, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Colwell provides a well-reasoned book on starting a business. The book balances well the practical and theoretical realms of entrepreneurship. I found the book to be insightful and well written.

This book would be formative for aspiring entrepreneurs yet would also sufficiently inform existing business owners in improving planning and operations.

Colwell's work could serve as the primary guide for entrepreneurs who are willing to plan and improve their chances of success. The book is simplified as promised, yet loaded with valuable information expressed in a readable manner. Nicely done. ( )
  henrycalphinjr | Jun 20, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received a copy of this book for review. It came just after I had watched a friend go through the process of starting a business. Although too late for him to make use of, his experience was fresh in my mind as I went through the book. Everything that happened during the startup of a real business was covered in the book in clear and helpful fashion. Anyone thinking of starting a business would benefit from the solid advice offered. ( )
  ScottDF | Jun 2, 2019 |

Sourced from over twenty years of firsthand experience working with entrepreneurs, new ventures, and high-growth startups, author Ken Colwell, PHD, MBA has the answers. In his comprehensive Starting a Business QuickStart Guide, Ken Colwell concisely presents the core fundamentals that all new entrepreneurs need to know to get started, find success, and live the life of their dreams.Business and entrepreneurship students, small business owners, managers, and soon-to-be entrepreneurs will all find a wealth of value within the pages of the Starting a Business QuickStart Guide.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Ken Colwell Phd Mba's book Starting a Business QuickStart Guide is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,391,876 books! | Top bar: Always visible