Every Tool's a Hammer: Life Is What You Make…

Every Tool's a Hammer: Life Is What You Make It (edition 2019)

by Adam Savage (Author)

Savage has been a maker all his life, and here he shares his golden rules of creativity, from finding inspiration to following through and successfully making your idea a reality. He knows not to wait until everything is perfect to begin a project, and if you don't have the exact right tool for a task, just use whatever is handy. Screwups are part of the creativity roadtrip, and friction should be avoided both in your work and your relationships. Most of all, Savage wants his readers to enjoy the thrills of being a creator. -- adapted from jacket… (more)
Member:NeoWayland
Title:Every Tool's a Hammer: Life Is What You Make It
Authors:Adam Savage (Author)
Info:Atria Books (2019), 321 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading

Every Tool's a Hammer: Life Is What You Make It by Adam Savage

Recently added byHobson, ohnokuo, penumbren, private library, pakurilecz, Tri-C, Narilka, Val_Reads, Kwasimodo

As a fan of Mythbusters I was excited to pick this book up. I was expecting more of a memoir from Adam Savage and hoping for some Mythbuster stories along with thoughts about his life and how he got there. Instead, Every Tool's a Hammer is Adam's ode to his life's passion: making. Part memoir and part instruction manual to people looking to get into the craft this ended up being an enjoyable read, though not exactly what I was expecting. Adam's love and passion for making things shines through on every page and is told in exactly the excited and enthusiastic manner he had on the show. Other makers of all skill level will likely enjoy this book.

I listened to the audio book narrated by the author. This continues to be my preferred method of "reading" memoirs. I just wish we'd gotten more insights into his life and career and a little less about types of glue and how to organize a shop. ( )
  Narilka | Dec 1, 2019 |
As a fan of the old Mythbusters show I thought this book might be interesting. And having the opportunity to get a signed copy I made the purchase. I wasn’t sure what to expect, was it a how to book, a memoir? It a little bit of each. What it is mostly is an introspective look at his passion, making things and all that it takes to be a maker. He focuses on his work in commercials and in movies, the show Mythbusters, and his passion of maker costumes for Cosplay. It’s an interesting story and somewhat inspirational if nothing else his for focus and dedication to what he loved. 4/5 Stars. ( )
  tkgbjenn1 | Oct 5, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,111,097 books! | Top bar: Always visible