The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and…

The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 3) (edition 2008)

by Rick Riordan

Member:HGideon
Title:The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 3)
Authors:Rick Riordan
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2008), Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:Your library, Read
Tags:Youth Lit.

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

English (268)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Creek (1)  French (1)  All languages (271)
Loved it! Couldn't stop listening to it. I'm excited for the next one. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Halfway through the series and it's starting to get a bit repetitive, both the books and my reviews, I'm afraid.

Because I still really liked the mythology, which for me really is the strongest point of the series. I never particularly likes Percy or Annabeth, I mean they are nice enough but the teaming up of the smart girl and the not so smart but good boy who's going to save the world is something I've seen a bit too many times before. Therefore, neither of them really stood out. The mythology, however, did. (And I know this is not the only series using a lot of Greek mythology, but it's very cleverly done, positioning it in modern America. The only thing that could have made it better would have been to set the story in Europe).

Artemis and her Hunters were introduced in this book, and made the story for me. Also, the prophecy is getting more complicated still. I did start to get the feeling when reading this that the story follows the same structure every time (both in and between the books). While not my favourite, I still really enjoyed reading it. ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
Apollo with Cars!!!! Walking Skeletons with Guns!!!!
Gods with mobile phones checking messages!!!!
Some Gods still in Old age with Bows and Arrows....
C'Mon...
Ok... and PercyJackson with a PEN :) ( )
  PallaviSharma | May 9, 2016 |
I enjoyed this chapter of Percy Jackson's journey just as much as the first two. The introduction of Artemis and the hunters was cool. I like meeting new characters. It was interesting to see how Percy related to some of the newer characters in the series. Parts made me laugh (think the Hoover Dam conversation!) and parts made me cry (no spoilers in my review, so we won't go there) I think the ending was good, but of course leaves me hanging and I want more. Eager to get on to book 4! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Christopher Lane
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
So it's funny, but it's also very exciting, with the gods behaving in that disgraceful and unpredictable way that gods do. Then there are the really bad guys. If you're familiar with these ancient characters, you'll be impressed by how Riordan handles them. If they're new to you, it's a gripping introduction.

Readers who are familiar with ancient mythology will enjoy Riordan's tongue-in-cheek approach; those who aren't just might be tempted to go to the original sources to learn more.

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Topher Bradfield

A camper who has made a world of difference
The Friday before winter break, my mom packed me an overnight bag and a few deadly weapons and took me to a new boarding school.
This LT work is the third volume (of five) in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.
Percy finds two half bloods and goes to help. He finds a monster and fights them and hunters come and help him. Artmis (the hunter god) is going to look for the monster and ends up in chains holding up the sky. Percy comes and helps and gets her out

This is the third book in the most exciting commercial fantasy adventure series since "Artemis Fowl". Now in paperback with a thrilling new cover look. It's the last Friday before the winter holidays but Percy Jackson isn't at school: he's battling the fearsome Manticore (half human, half lion), which in itself isn't ideal...but with Annabeth missing and the goddess of the hunt held captive, things get a whole lot more serious...Greek mythology relocated to modern-day America. Action-packed, funny, accessible writing for both boys and girls aged 10 and above. This title is perfect for fans of "Harry Potter" and "Artemis Fowl".

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:34 -0400)

When the goddess Artemis disappears while hunting a rare, ancient monster, a group of her followers joins Percy and his friends in an attempt to find and rescue her before the winter solstice, when her influence is needed to sway the Olympian Council regarding the war with the Titans.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,963,534 books! | Top bar: Always visible