Vacation

by Jane Green

821,721,698 (3.33)None

I have read a lot of Jane Green books and I tend to go for them when I am looking for something lighthearted but engaging. I was intrigued by Vacation because I didn't know she was releasing another book so soon. While the premise was good, I am not sure what the deal was with this one. It was super short and felt choppy and some of it seemed outdated? I don't know, it was very quick to read but in this case, some length would have helped.

It felt very flat and one dimensional and lacked any kind of depth that her books usually deliver while still being "easy reads'. It almost reads more like a novella? I think this storyline is promising and it covers an issue many people who have been married a decade or more could relate to, but this one needs some work. Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Books for an advanced copy. ( )
  genthebookworm | Dec 19, 2020 |
Unfortunately, this book is being misdescribed in that it is an 83-page NOVELLA and not a complete book. As of this review, both Amazon and Goodreads have incorrect information on this book. The original novella is found in the book: This Christmas.

For the most part, I merely like Ms. Greens' writing. It keeps me reading and amused. Nothing earth-shattering about any of her books -just good, reliable, dependable, and entertaining reading. And this novella is no different!

It is an amusing story of a woman who gets to that part of her life where she just starts questioning almost everything. Most of us have been at that point one time or another. The big thing she is questioning is her husband, and because of that, they decide to take a little vacation from their marriage. Now the husband is questioning their marriage but in a good way.

There is a small issue at the end where we seem to skip a few steps, but nothing major. I also have an issue with British writer's not doing their homework when writing a book set in the United States and using BritSpeak in place of Americanisms.

All in all, an excellent novella that is heartwarming, amusing, and just perfect when you need a quick read.
*ARC supplied by the publisher. ( )
  Cats57 | Oct 30, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,906,310 books! | Top bar: Always visible