Horton Hears a Who (Dr.Seuss Classic…

Horton Hears a Who (Dr.Seuss Classic Collection) (original 1954; edition 1998)

by Dr. Seuss

Series: Horton (3)

Title:Horton Hears a Who (Dr.Seuss Classic Collection)
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:Picture Lions (1998), Edition: New Ed, Paperback, 64 pages
Tags:book, fiction, picturebook

Horton Hears A Who! by Dr. Seuss (1954)

English (82)  French (1)  All languages (83)
I chose to incorporate this book to have a poetry book in my collection. Dr. Seuss has a creative may of telling his story with made up words to have a rhyme in his flow of writing. I like the plot and lessons learned in this book. The main lesson that I learned from this book was to not give up in my beliefs. Horton believed that their was something important on the dandy lion that he had found. And there was! The flow of the story makes the reader want to keep reading to see what happens to the world and people living on the dandy lion speckle. The bigger picture is to show students that their opinions matter and that they have a write to fight for them while telling a child friendly story with a giant elephant that has a huge heart for the tiniest of people.
  jbahri1 | Nov 17, 2015 |
I Recommend this book for everyone! It is a incredible book. ( )
  shelbewelbee | Nov 15, 2015 |
I really like this book. One reason why I like it is because of the characters. The characters were very well developed and even if they did not look like people, they were still believable. We have the main character Horton who is a huge elephant and is the most caring and loving animal. Another reason why I like this book is because of the plot. There is a climax and is very well paced and organized. I think the main message of this story is for readers to understand a person is a person no matter how small. ( )
  athomp33 | Oct 6, 2015 |
Horton is a kind hearted elephant, with huge impressive ears. He hears a "Who" one day on a traveling speck of dust, and decides to befriend it. The animals around him, however, think he's crazy and cause trouble for Horton and the Who's in Who-ville.
Message: Despite discrimination and prejudice, you should always follow your heart and care for those that go un-noticed. ( )
  DylanMottaz | Sep 6, 2015 |
Implausible story with a puerile message. ( )
  Audacity88 | Aug 28, 2015 |
On the fifteenth of May, in the Jungle of Nool, in the heat of the day, in the cool of the pool, he was splashing...enjoying the jungle's great joys...when Horton the elephant heard a small noise.
A person's a person, no matter how small.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800788, Hardcover)

Surely among the most lovable of all Dr. Seuss creations, Horton the Elephant represents kindness, trustworthiness, and perseverance--all wrapped up, thank goodness, in a comical and even absurd package. Horton hears a cry for help from a speck of dust, and spends much of the book trying to protect the infinitesimal creatures who live on it from the derision and trickery of other animals, who think their elephant friend has gone quite nutty. But worse is in store: an eagle carries away the clover in which Horton has placed the life-bearing speck, and "let that small clover drop somewhere inside / of a great patch of clovers a hundred miles wide!" Horton wins in the end, after persuading the "Who's" to make as much noise as possible and prove their existence. This classic is not only fun, but a great way to introduce thoughtful children to essentially philosophical questions. How, after all, are we so sure there aren't invisible civilizations floating by on every mote? (Ages 4 to 8) --Richard Farr

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:43 -0400)

A city of Whos on a speck of dust are threatened with destruction until the smallest Who of all helps convince Horton's friends that Whos really exist.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,860,202 books! | Top bar: Always visible