Horton Hears a Who (Dr.Seuss Classic…

Horton Hears a Who (Dr.Seuss Classic Collection) (original 1954; edition 1998)

by Dr. Seuss

Series: Horton (3)

Member:belgatherial
Title:Horton Hears a Who (Dr.Seuss Classic Collection)
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:Picture Lions (1998), Edition: New Ed, Paperback, 64 pages
Collections:Books
Rating:*****
Tags:book, fiction, picturebook

Horton Hears A Who! by Dr. Seuss (1954)

Recently added byprivate library, kjp692, DCamp8, Keelz09, xoxotayb, brandymartin, MarielaHerrera

English (90)  French (1)  All (91)
I really liked this book for two reasons. First, I really liked the character choices. It was a great idea to make a huge elephant care for a small speck. Elephants also have huge ears which aids in why he was able to hear their yelp when they were floating in the wind. Second, I liked the plot how there were a couple different conflicts that Horton had to solve, which ultimately showed how much he cared for the speck. Horton had to deal with a sour kangaroo, the Wickersham Brothers, and the black-bottomed bird who dropped the speck on the clover in a huge clover field. I felt like three was a good amount of conflicts. The main message of this story was to be looking out for those who cannot help themselves. ( )
  rbanne1 | Oct 11, 2016 |
Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss? ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
A great book for kids learning to read ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
After reading Paul's review (https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/475952440?book_show_action=true&page=1) in which he makes a point about Horton needing to feed his ego by being paternalistic, I had to take a star off my rating of this book. But that concern had never occurred to me before, so I still admire Horton's and the Whos's courage, and I still have hopes that mobbing bigots can mend their ways. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
I did Saussical as a musical a few years ago! ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
On the fifteenth of May, in the Jungle of Nool, in the heat of the day, in the cool of the pool, he was splashing...enjoying the jungle's great joys...when Horton the elephant heard a small noise.
A person's a person, no matter how small.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800788, Hardcover)

Surely among the most lovable of all Dr. Seuss creations, Horton the Elephant represents kindness, trustworthiness, and perseverance--all wrapped up, thank goodness, in a comical and even absurd package. Horton hears a cry for help from a speck of dust, and spends much of the book trying to protect the infinitesimal creatures who live on it from the derision and trickery of other animals, who think their elephant friend has gone quite nutty. But worse is in store: an eagle carries away the clover in which Horton has placed the life-bearing speck, and "let that small clover drop somewhere inside / of a great patch of clovers a hundred miles wide!" Horton wins in the end, after persuading the "Who's" to make as much noise as possible and prove their existence. This classic is not only fun, but a great way to introduce thoughtful children to essentially philosophical questions. How, after all, are we so sure there aren't invisible civilizations floating by on every mote? (Ages 4 to 8) --Richard Farr

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:43 -0400)

A city of Whos on a speck of dust are threatened with destruction until the smallest Who of all helps convince Horton's friends that Whos really exist.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,795,581 books! | Top bar: Always visible