Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

by Dr. Seuss

6,129220668 (4.3)36

English (218)  Dutch (1)  All languages (219)
I love this book. Dr. Seuss books are classics, but this one is one of my favorites. I find this book very inspirational for people of all ages. The pictures and rhymes are interesting for younger readers, but the gist of the story is appropriate for all ages. I feel like this is a good book for read alouds because the words can be tongue twisters. The book is told in 2nd person so the reader can easily relate and feel like the narrator is talking to them. ( )
  Lwatso7 | Mar 23, 2015 |
This book is about all the different places you will go in life. It says that you’ll make many choices and go many places and do many different things. You’ll see great things and accomplish your goals. It also says that you may not always succeed, but that it’s okay because life will go on. It says things will not always make sense and be handed to you, but you’ll live and learn from it.
I liked this book for three main reasons, the first is that the illustrations in the book are very vivid and match the story very well. Also the story is very easily read and is written in a poetic rhyming just like Dr. Seuss writes in. Also I like that this story is easily read by students of all ages. That is what I liked about this story.
  Ekelle8 | Mar 23, 2015 |
This is one of my favorite children books of all time, I think that this book is simply amazing. I believe that this book is an easy read for everyone. Dr. Seuss uses repetition and rhyming in order to tell the story. Each page is full of vibrant, colorful illustrations that add meaning to the text. I love this story because it talks about the truth in life. For example, they talk about motivation, success, failure, sadness, setbacks and overcoming obstacles. With a beautiful story line of a successful life full of trials, the author gives hope to the reader and encourages them to live their dreams, reach their potential, and celebrate life. I enjoy the positive and uplifting message from the book. It will always be a perfect pick-me-up book! ( )
  jspare2 | Mar 20, 2015 |
The main character goes on a journey learns that life is filled with good and bad experiences. He shows that a negative should be turned into something positive. Recommended for ages 7 to 10.
  margaritamunoz14 | Mar 20, 2015 |
In my opinion, this is a great book! I love the language of this book. It has a great perspective on life and sends a great message to readers. The story highlights the highs and lows of life and lets the reader know that it will be okay! "Today is your day! Your life is waiting. So .... get on your way!"
I also really enjoyed the illustrations throughout the story. Each illustration is very detailed and colorful! Even the cover page is bright, grabs the readers interest, and pulls them in.
The main message of this book is that the world is available to everyone and is filled with great places. "And will you succeed? Yes! You will, in deed!" ( )
  csmith109 | Mar 12, 2015 |
This is a great inspirational story that gives children hope for the future. Great to use at the end of the year.
added by courtneyemahr | editCourtney E. Mahr

Congratulations!
Today is your day.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! is a story to help children with their rhyming skills. Throughout the story the main character is traveling to far and near places. He ventures into lands that all different. He gets scared one place, happy at another, and so on. The story is about how children should not be afraid of experiencing the world. In fact, after visiting new places you can gain appreciation for your home and how secure and known it is to you.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0679805273, Hardcover)

Inspirational yet honest, and always rhythmically rollicking, Oh, the Places You'll Go! is a perfect sendoff for children, 1 to 100, entering any new phase of their lives. Kindergartners, graduate students, newlyweds, newly employeds--all will glean shiny pearls of wisdom about the big, bountiful future. The incomparable Dr. Seuss rejoices in the potential everyone has to fulfill their wildest dreams: "You'll be on your way up! / You'll be seeing great sights! / You'll join the high fliers / who soar to high heights." At the same time, he won't delude the starry-eyed upstart about the pitfalls of life: "You can get all hung up / in a prickle-ly perch. / And your gang will fly on. / You'll be left in a Lurch."

But fear not! Dr. Seuss, with his inimitable illustrations and exhilarating rhymes, is convinced ("98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed") that success is imminent. As long as you remember "to be dexterous and deft. And NEVER mix up your right foot with your left," things should work out. (All ages) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:17:44 -0400)

Advice in rhyme for proceeding in life; weathering fear, loneliness, and confusion; and being in charge of your actions.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,187,371 books! | Top bar: Always visible