Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss

Oh, the Places You'll Go! (edition 1990)

by Dr. Seuss

Member:HermanFamilyLibrary
Title:Oh, the Places You'll Go!
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:Random House (1990), Hardcover, 56 pages

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss

English (342)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (344)
This is an awesome book about reaching your full potential! It talks about obstacles you may have to overcome and if you push through you'll make it someplace wonderful.

Dr. Suess teaches us many lessons but I really like this one! I have always loved this book and the meaning it carries. Very inspirational and a great gift for graduates!!
  Hayleykeyser | Dec 4, 2018 |
This is a fun Dr. Seuss book that walks us through all the fun places that we may go. ( )
  Danielle_Rojas | Nov 26, 2018 |
A good book to encourage children of all ages, even adults, to go on to reach their full potential no matter what up's and down's life brings them.
  pitaaortiz | Sep 4, 2018 |
Here it is, the quintessential graduation gift. I received mine in May of 1997.

This is Seuss at his best. Lyrically wonderful, deeply meaningful, highly inspirational. Reading it, you see why it's such a popular gift for those taking the next steps in their lives.

This is the last of the Dr. Seuss books I've been revisiting this year, and I saved it for last intentionally. I remember how much this book meant to me the first time I read it, and as I've been very much in a Slump (and "un-slumping yourself is not easily done"), I figured it was time for some inspiration from the good Dr.

Definitely needed this book in my life again today. ( )
  regularguy5mb | Aug 29, 2018 |
This book is a great book that talks about different obstacles that make come up in life. It has great illustrations and has a great moral of the story. I would read this book in a classroom because it has a great moral of the story that even in life when there are ups and downs, it is important to keep pushing on and everything will work out. This book also has great rhyming and can be used to show the relationship from using different onsets but the same rime and the relationship between the two. ( )
  laurynrohde | Apr 25, 2018 |
e auteur heeft ook hier weer een stevig absurd verhaal gecreëerd dat je meesleept doorheen zijn wondere wereld, waarin je van de ene verbazing in de andere valt.
Het vertelstandpunt vanuit het jongetje dwingt je tot kiezen en meeleven. Zo leidt dit boek ook tot reflecteren en vertalen naar je eigen, herkenbare wereld.
De tekst op rijm is doordacht geconstrueerd en leest vlot.
De fantasierijke woordenschat wekt verwondering op en dwingt respect af.
En doordat het hoogst absurde, quasi-nonsens-gehalte gelinkt blijft aan de herkenbare realiteit, verlies je nergens het spoor.
De fantasierijke prenten in ouderwets aandoende kleuren versterken de tekst en vice versa. Te gekke figuren met een grote beweeglijkheid en overduidelijke expressies loodsen je doorheen de absurde, eigengereide wereld van Dr. Seuss, waarin het goed vertoeven is.

This is a great inspirational story that gives children hope for the future. Great to use at the end of the year.
added by courtneyemahr | editCourtney E. Mahr

Congratulations!
Today is your day.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! is a story to help children with their rhyming skills. Throughout the story the main character is traveling to far and near places. He ventures into lands that all different. He gets scared one place, happy at another, and so on. The story is about how children should not be afraid of experiencing the world. In fact, after visiting new places you can gain appreciation for your home and how secure and known it is to you.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0679805273, Hardcover)

Inspirational yet honest, and always rhythmically rollicking, Oh, the Places You'll Go! is a perfect sendoff for children, 1 to 100, entering any new phase of their lives. Kindergartners, graduate students, newlyweds, newly employeds--all will glean shiny pearls of wisdom about the big, bountiful future. The incomparable Dr. Seuss rejoices in the potential everyone has to fulfill their wildest dreams: "You'll be on your way up! / You'll be seeing great sights! / You'll join the high fliers / who soar to high heights." At the same time, he won't delude the starry-eyed upstart about the pitfalls of life: "You can get all hung up / in a prickle-ly perch. / And your gang will fly on. / You'll be left in a Lurch."

But fear not! Dr. Seuss, with his inimitable illustrations and exhilarating rhymes, is convinced ("98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed") that success is imminent. As long as you remember "to be dexterous and deft. And NEVER mix up your right foot with your left," things should work out. (All ages) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:59 -0400)

Advice in rhyme for proceeding in life; weathering fear, loneliness, and confusion; and being in charge of your actions.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,847,883 books! | Top bar: Always visible