Oh, the Places You'll Go [20th anniversary…

Oh, the Places You'll Go [20th anniversary edition] (edition 2010)

by Dr. Seuss

Member:skullduggery
Title:Oh, the Places You'll Go [20th anniversary edition]
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:HarperCollins Publishers (2010), Edition: 20th anniversary ed, Hardcover
Collections:Your library, Children's Lit & Picture Books, Ex Libris tgm
Rating:*****
Tags:fiction, children, picture book, early reader, primary school, junior primary, rhyming text

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss

adventure (41) children (174) children's (368) children's book (36) children's books (51) children's fiction (35) children's literature (96) classic (48) Dr. Seuss (269) encouragement (33) fantasy (46) fiction (307) future (31) gift (35) graduation (93) humor (51) illustrated (45) inspiration (41) inspirational (79) kids (43) life (31) own (33) picture book (298) poetry (161) read (82) rhyme (85) rhyming (96) Seuss (157) success (56) travel (51)

English (177)  Dutch (1)  All languages (178)
I think I read this one day while I was supposed to be cleaning up the children's department when I was working at Barnes & Noble. I remember my parents gave it to my sister as a high school graduation present. Other people got cars. It's a decent book though. ( )
  dysmonia | Apr 15, 2014 |
  dysmonia | Apr 15, 2014 |
Absolutely love this book. This is a great book to give to anyone especially those starting a new journey in life. ( )
  ARamirez33 | Mar 30, 2014 |
Author: Dr. Seuss
Title: Oh, The Places You'll Go!
Illustrator: Dr. Seuss
Publisher: Random House
Date: 1990
Page: 56
Type: Poetry
Summary: A boy is off on adventure he is starting a new chapter in his life. He has to do things on his own and just go with the flow. It is a rhyming book and has the unique illustrations that Dr. Seuss uses. It's telling you to never give up.

I like this book, well I love all of Dr. Seuss's books. He is very creative and always rhymes even if he has to make up words. His characters and creatures are always unique. I love it!
  emfro20 | Mar 25, 2014 |
A good rhyming book to read when one is considering on making a path in life. Dr. Seuss's main reason for writting this book was to prepare seniors on going to college where they will find many paths to take. Sometimes two paths can take you to the same destianation, others will take you to completely different ways. This book is defintely for the older students as the plot structure of the book is geared to older students. This was also the last book of Dr. Seuss. ( )
1 vote sabdelaz | Mar 25, 2014 |
This is a great inspirational story that gives children hope for the future. Great to use at the end of the year.
added by courtneyemahr | editCourtney E. Mahr

Congratulations!
Today is your day.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! is a story to help children with their rhyming skills. Throughout the story the main character is traveling to far and near places. He ventures into lands that all different. He gets scared one place, happy at another, and so on. The story is about how children should not be afraid of experiencing the world. In fact, after visiting new places you can gain appreciation for your home and how secure and known it is to you.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0679805273, Hardcover)

Inspirational yet honest, and always rhythmically rollicking, Oh, the Places You'll Go! is a perfect sendoff for children, 1 to 100, entering any new phase of their lives. Kindergartners, graduate students, newlyweds, newly employeds--all will glean shiny pearls of wisdom about the big, bountiful future. The incomparable Dr. Seuss rejoices in the potential everyone has to fulfill their wildest dreams: "You'll be on your way up! / You'll be seeing great sights! / You'll join the high fliers / who soar to high heights." At the same time, he won't delude the starry-eyed upstart about the pitfalls of life: "You can get all hung up / in a prickle-ly perch. / And your gang will fly on. / You'll be left in a Lurch."

But fear not! Dr. Seuss, with his inimitable illustrations and exhilarating rhymes, is convinced ("98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed") that success is imminent. As long as you remember "to be dexterous and deft. And NEVER mix up your right foot with your left," things should work out. (All ages) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:17:44 -0400)

Advice in rhyme for proceeding in life; weathering fear, loneliness, and confusion; and being in charge of your actions.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,559,257 books! | Top bar: Always visible