The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss

The Cat in the Hat

by Dr. Seuss

8,896220339 (4.21)128
    The Cat in the Hat Comes Back (Beginner Books(R)) by Dr. Seuss (Anonymous user)
    Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg (raizel)
    raizel: Both books deal with children left home alone who endure escalating chaos until everything at last returns to normal.
    Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss (gilberts)
    One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish (I Can Read It All by Myself) by Dr. Seuss (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish has the same kind of humor as The Cat in the Hat.
    My Friend is Sad by Mo Willems (goodiegoodie)

English (216)  Spanish (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (220)
Es curioso, intente leerle este libro a mi sobrino y nada mas no quiso, prefirió ver la versión animada; supongo tendré que inculcarle un poco de amor por la lectura, bueno...
Lo encontré bastante entretenido (aunque es muy breve, pero entretenido), creo le daré una oportunidad a otros libros del autor, tal vez lograré que mi sobrino se anime y me deje leérle alguno.
“Look at me!
Look at me!
Look at me NOW!
It is fun to have fun
But you have to know how.”
  zkazy | Apr 24, 2015 |
fantasy ( )
  tmr273 | Apr 14, 2015 |
This is a classic in the children's book world! Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss? In fact, I remember when this book was read to myself. If you're looking for a fun, easy read this is a must have. ( )
  sidneyneal | Apr 8, 2015 |
Classic wacky Dr. Seuss book. Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss? Great illustrations which can help young readers understand the text. Easy and fun to read. Sally and her brother are realistic characters which could also help a young reader relate to the book. Especially the beginning when Sally and her brother are sitting impatiently watching the rain and very, very bored because it is too wet to play outside. ( )
  hart0521 | Mar 25, 2015 |
In my opinion this is a great book! I really love the illustrations! They are so detailed and explanatory. The reader can look at the illustrations before, during, and after reading to get a more clear explanation as to what is going on. When the cat in the hat is balancing the books, dishes, fish, rake, milk, and umbrella the reader can look at the picture to get a better understanding of how much of a mess it will make if it falls.
I also really liked the characters. Sally and her brother are so realistic. The fish is also very realistic. He is like another sibling (the oldest) who is thinking about the consequences if mother gets home and see the house destroyed.
The main idea of this story is to always do what you know if right even if it isn't the fun decision because the consequences are never worth it. Also, do not let strange cats into your house. ( )
  csmith109 | Mar 5, 2015 |
This is classic book to be used in a lesson about rhyming. This is also a book to use in celebrating Dr. Seus Day!
added by courtneyemahr | editCourtney E. Mahr

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Berger, SholemTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Edmondson, AdrianNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gammell, StephenIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Grammer, KelseyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rivera, CarlosTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Viggen, HåkonTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house all that cold, cold, wet day.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 039480001X, Hardcover)

He may be an old standby, but he never lets us down. When in doubt, turn to the story of the cat that transformed a dull, rainy afternoon into a magical and just-messy-enough adventure. There's another, hidden adventure, too: this book really will help children learn to read. With his simple and often single-vowel vocabulary, the good Doctor knew what he was doing: hear it, learn it, read it--laughing all the way. The Cat in the Hat is a must for any child's library.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:51 -0400)

Two children sitting at home on a rainy day are visited by the Cat in the Hat who shows them some tricks and games.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,731,119 books! | Top bar: Always visible