The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss

The Cat in the Hat (edition 1957)

by Dr. Seuss

Member:Yasith
Title:The Cat in the Hat
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (1957), Hardcover, 72 pages
Rating:*****

The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss

The Cat in the Hat Comes Back by Dr. Seuss (Anonymous user)
    Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg (raizel)
    raizel: Both books deal with children left home alone who endure escalating chaos until everything at last returns to normal.
    Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss (gilberts)
    One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish by Dr. Seuss (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish has the same kind of humor as The Cat in the Hat.
    My Friend is Sad by Mo Willems (goodiegoodie)

English (357)  Spanish (2)  All (1)  Dutch (1)  All (361)
The cat in the hat is a cult classic. I appreciate this book because it's a land before children planted themselves in front of electronics when they are "bored". Even though they do ridiculous stuff in the story I defimitely think the children make great use of their imaginations. ( )
  shakiah | Jun 18, 2017 |
Talk about being beloved and sentimental. Both the late, great author Dr. Seuss, and his gift of literature to every child who is a beginning reader - even The Cat in the Hat - are just that: Beloved and sentimental. The very first time that I read this special effort, it had been raining outside ... Not only in the great picture book, but also in the real world. I can remember it so vividly - as if it were only yesterday. And the feeling I got from the irony made me feel so happy ... So tremendously joyful. I really love rainy days.

(Smiles) ...

My one-year-older brother and I took turns reading The Cat in the Hat (a single page each in unison) on that gorgeous, rainy day way back then. We drank cold milk, and ate Lorna Doone shortbread cookies, as we pretended to be Sally and Dick being whisked away - via transport of the Thingamajigger - on an exotic adventure. Talk about being beloved and sentimental.

Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat is a fun-filled and well-composed picture book worthy of every child reader - whether he or she is just a beginner or maybe a little more advanced. It has endured for many generations, and I reckon that it will continue to for many more to come. Thank you, Dr. Seuss.

Yet another five-star legend in children's literature. ( )
  CatEllington | May 5, 2017 |
This book is about a cat who causes trouble. He visits a house of two children, and he gives them the time of their life, but he ends up causing lots of problems. I liked this book because it reminds me of me when I was a child. I made messes and my mother was not happy when I didn’t clean them up. The reading levels for this book are kindergarten through fourth grade.
  ShaneKadrmas | May 5, 2017 |
All ages would like this book because of all the different things that happen with the kids. all the creatures and how much fun they have. ( )
  bkelley22 | May 4, 2017 |
This book is a classic. It teaches children to not let strangers in their house in a fun and playful way. The book uses rhythm to keep children's attention even more. The book is about two siblings who are very bored and home alone on a rainy day. The cat in the hat comes to entertain them but ruins everything he does. This book is exciting and playful for children. ( )
  Cheyene | May 2, 2017 |
This is classic book to be used in a lesson about rhyming. This is also a book to use in celebrating Dr. Seus Day!
added by courtneyemahr | editCourtney E. Mahr

The sun did not shine.
It was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house
All that cold, cold, wet day.

Michievous feline
Entertains kids with mayhem
Ignores miffed fish.
(Marissa_Baden)

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 039480001X, Hardcover)

He may be an old standby, but he never lets us down. When in doubt, turn to the story of the cat that transformed a dull, rainy afternoon into a magical and just-messy-enough adventure. There's another, hidden adventure, too: this book really will help children learn to read. With his simple and often single-vowel vocabulary, the good Doctor knew what he was doing: hear it, learn it, read it--laughing all the way. The Cat in the Hat is a must for any child's library.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:59 -0400)

Two children sitting at home on a rainy day are visited by the Cat in the Hat who shows them some tricks and games.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,053,500 books! | Top bar: Always visible