The Cherry Tree by Daisaku Ikeda

The Cherry Tree

by Daisaku Ikeda

After losing their father and home during the war and while their mother is busy during the day, struggling to earn a living. A young boy and his sister try to help and old man wrap a damaged cherry tree as protection against the cold winter, hoping that for the first time the tree will blossom again.
  mariasegoviano | Jan 21, 2014 |
The Cherry Tree was a good story. It is about a village, family, and tree that all have to rebuild after the war. I think this would be a great story to share with students about never giving up hope. This idea rings true through all of the characters of the story and I think this is also really important to show that nature and humans a like all need some hope to survive. I really enjoyed this story and I would enjoy using it in my future class room. ( )
  LauraMcQueen | Jan 29, 2013 |
  BRCSBooks | Dec 1, 2011 |

After a war destroys their Japanese village and kills their father, Taichi and Yumiko find hope by nursing a cherry tree through a harsh winter and seeing it blossom into new life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,853,276 books! | Top bar: Always visible