New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

New Moon (2006)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight Saga (2)

35,91094317 (3.71)2 / 662
    Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz (Runa)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (alaskabookworm)
    alaskabookworm: In terms of both the writing and the depth of her story, Bray's series is top notch.
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (goodiegoodie)
    The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Leishai: Ein etwas klassischer oder romantischer Vampir-Roman, vielleicht für die ältere Generation als die der Twilight-Fans geeignet.
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Romeo and Juliet (No Fear Shakespeare) by SparkNotes Editors (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: The original star-crossed lovers, this is obviously where Stephenie Meyer found a lot of the theme for New Moon
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (natalieinjeans)
    Shelter by Tara Shuler (avry15)
    avry15: this is also vampire romance book.. but in this one-it's another story , the girl here is the vampire and the so-called protector of the boy, though, the boy's true identity is later revealed... and instead having the rivalry of a wolf, a vampire-hunter takes its place..… (more)

English (906)  German (7)  Spanish (7)  Dutch (6)  French (6)  Finnish (3)  Portuguese (2)  Italian (2)  All (2)  Danish (2)  Swedish (1)  All (944)
New Moon struck a cord with me. I think Meyer successfully describes the hurt, anger, confusion a teenager feels when her first love leaves. I knew this feeling very well and when it happened to me again, I was able to reread New Moon and identify with Bella. ( )
  TinaMReid | Apr 23, 2017 |
Second book in the Twilight Saga, follows Bella as she tries to cope with Edward's absence in her life, and develop a stronger bond with her best friend Jacob, who happens to be a vampires worst enemy - a werewolf. Bella's loyalty to both Jacob and Edward are put to the test, causing her great emotional distress and heartache.

Again, would keep this in my personal library for students to read at their own leisure. I would leave it for students who are in 5th grade and up for them to read. Fantasy is a very appealing genre, especially for that age group of students. ( )
  gabitouriel | Apr 3, 2017 |
I actually enjoyed this book better than Twilight primarily due to the lack of gushy teen romance. Although I have to say the constant references to the "hole in her chest" grew old very fast. A bit of editing would have been appreciated too; the story went on for way too many pages.

However, the books are still strangely addictive and for that alone gets 3 stars from me.

P.S. I also like Jacob better than Edward - Jacob even seems somewhat normal unlike the "perfect" Edward! ( )
  janb37 | Feb 13, 2017 |
Yet another horror. In this one, Bella nearly gets herself killed at her eighteenth birthday party when she gets a papercut and the newest member of the clan, Jasper, smells her and tries to attack her. I kind of wish he succeeded. No, not kind of. This leads Edward to break off his relationship with Bella, saying he's no good for her. Of course, that's what he's been saying in Twilight, but he never left her then, even when she nearly died from a vampire attack at the end. Not only that, but if he can't stay away from her, why does he manage for several months?

Even more worrying is Bella's mental state in this book. If I were Charlie, I'd get my daughter some help if she behaved the way Bella does in this book. What does she do? Well, after the initial breakup, she first goes to look for him stupidly (and ignoring the fact that he's a vampire with super speed and thus can outrun her) and failing that, she curls up into a ball and it takes a rescue team to find her when Charlie gets worried. It gets worse from there on out, because she falls into a deep depression and turns into a sort of zombie. Even more worrisome, after several months, she goes out with some friends, trying to break out of her depression when Charlie threatens to send her to Florida to live with her mother, Renee. (Who, according to Bella, is apparently incapable of taking care of herself and needs to be taken care of; how on earth is she supposed to take care of a mentally unstable teenager?) So then Bella becomes an adrenaline junkie, because when she does something dangerous, she hears Edward's voice. Basically, when she's reckless, she hallucinates, which gives more evidence to the Bella's sanity is slowly deteriorating theory.

So yeah, this sucks. ( )
  kyndyleizabella | Jan 23, 2017 |
My final foray into the Twilight universe.

This book sucked. Bella was a completely selfish, self-centered, suicidal, insecure, self-lying bitch. If this is the type of character teen girls want to read about and emulate, then we are all doomed.

But maybe we'll get lucky and all those stupid types will just off themselves and do the world a favor. Maybe that is actually Meyer's sinister secret plan. A kind of Literary Eugenics Master Plan? LEMP for short... ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
Less streamlined than Twilight yet just as exciting, New Moon will more than feed the bloodthirsty hankerings of fans of the first volume and leave them breathless for the third.
added by timspalding | editSchool Library Journal, Hillias J. Martin (Jul 13, 2009)

This best-selling sequel to “Twilight” — which introduced Edward, the world’s most gentlemanly 17-year-old vampire, and Bella, an ordinary teenager in Forks, Wash. — appropriately begins with an epigraph from “Romeo and Juliet”; love and death are once again entwined in their curiously absorbing romance.

Despite Bella's flat and obsessive personality, this tale of tortured demon lovers entices.
added by ncgraham | editKirkus Reviews, Francesca Belham

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
These violent delights

have violent ends and in their triumph die,

like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI
For my dad, Stephen Morgan —

No one has ever been given more loving and unconditional support than I have been given by you.

I love you, too.
I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.
Times passes. Even when it seems impossible.

Aus der Amazon.de-Redaktion
Eines Nachts hat Bella Swan einen schrecklichen Albtraum, in dem ihre bereits verstorbene Großmutter eine nicht unbedeutende Rolle zu spielen scheint. Bella betrachtet das zerknitterte, vom Alter gezeichnete Gesicht, das ihr da gegenüber getreten ist -- als plötzlich ihre große Liebe Edward auf der Bildfläche erscheint, schön und strahlend wie immer. Da erkennt Bella, dass es gar nicht ihre Großmutter ist, der sie in die von Falten umgebenen Augen blickt. Es ist ihr eigenes, um Jahrzehnte gealtertes Spiegelbild, dem sie in diesem plötzlichen Akt der Erkenntnis schutzlos ausgeliefert ist. Der ewig junge Edward aber tritt auf sie zu, drückt ihr seine eiskalten, aber perfekten Lippen auf die runzeligen Wangen, und flüstert: „Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag“.

Ganz so schlimm wie im Albtraum ist es nicht im wahren Leben von Bella Swan in Stephenie Meyers Roman Bis(s) zur Mittagsstunde. Aber ein wenig zeigt er doch die abgrundtiefen Ängste der Ich-Erzählerin. Zwar ist die Protagonistin „offiziell erst 18 Jahre alt“. Aber ihre große Liebe Edward, der sie mit völliger Hingabe auf ewig ergeben ist, wird auch in Zukunft gar nicht altern. Edward ist ein Vampir der verführerischsten Sorte, und Bella mag sich gar nicht überlegen, was geschieht, wenn sie an der Seite dieses Dorian Gray der Unterwelt langsam aber sicher als unabwendbare Spur der Zeit ihre Schönheit verliert. Dann plötzlich ist Bella von Edward verlassen. Warum nur lässt er sie im Stich? Was steckt hinter seinem Weggang? In Bis(s) zur Mittagsstunde muss Bella wichtige Entscheidungen treffen. Aber sie ist bereit, für ihre ungewöhnliche Liebe zu kämpfen. Dabei setzt sie für ihre unbezwingbare Leidenschaft und Liebe sogar die ein oder andere Freundschaft aufs Spiel...

Nach Bis(s) zum Morgengrauen ist Bis(s) zur Mittagsstunde der zweite Roman um Bella und Edward. Und es ist sicher nicht der letzte. Denn es gibt ja noch weitere Tageszeiten, zu denen man gebissen werden kann. Und das ist ein Glück, weil Meyer etwas geschafft hat, was sonst nur wenigen Autorinnen und Autoren gelingt: dem guten alten Vampir-Mythos nämlich neue Seiten abzugewinnen -- und damit neues Leben einzuhauchen. -- Isa Gerck -- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine andere Ausgabe: Gebundene Ausgabe .
Kurzbeschreibung
Ein kleiner, aber blutiger Zwischenfall an ihrem achtzehnten Geburtstag wird Bella fast zum Verhängnis. Edward sieht keinen anderen Ausweg: Er muss sie verlassen. Für immer. Bella ist verzweifelt, einzig die Freundschaft zu Jacob hält sie am Leben. Da erfährt Bella, dass Edward in höchster Gefahr schwebt. Und sein Schicksal liegt in ihren Händen. Sie muss zu ihm, rechtzeitig, bis zur Mittagsstunde … Nach »Biss zum Morgengrauen« ein weiterer Bestseller um Bella und Edward, der den Leser bis zur letzten Seite fesselt. -- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine andere Ausgabe:

Legions of readers entranced by Twilight are hungry for more and they won't be disappointed. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. The "star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:41 -0400)

When the Cullens, including her beloved Edward, leave Forks rather than risk revealing that they are vampires, it is almost too much for eighteen-year-old Bella to bear, but she finds solace in her friend Jacob until he is drawn into a "cult" and changes in terrible ways.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,788,623 books! | Top bar: Always visible