New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

New Moon (2006)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight Saga (2)

33,26288821 (3.76)2 / 594
    Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (alaskabookworm)
    alaskabookworm: In terms of both the writing and the depth of her story, Bray's series is top notch.
    The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Leishai: Ein etwas klassischer oder romantischer Vampir-Roman, vielleicht für die ältere Generation als die der Twilight-Fans geeignet.
    Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz (Runa)
    Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (goodiegoodie)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (one-horse.library)
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Romeo and Juliet by SparkNotes Editors (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: The original star-crossed lovers, this is obviously where Stephenie Meyer found a lot of the theme for New Moon
    Shelter by Tara Shuler (avry15)
    avry15: this is also vampire romance book.. but in this one-it's another story , the girl here is the vampire and the so-called protector of the boy, though, the boy's true identity is later revealed... and instead having the rivalry of a wolf, a vampire-hunter takes its place..… (more)
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (natalieinjeans)

English (851)  German (7)  Spanish (6)  French (6)  Dutch (5)  Finnish (3)  Portuguese (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  Italian (2)  Swedish (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (886)
I enjoyed this book much more than the first book, because there was a lot less of the mushy stuff and a lot more action. This is probably because one of the main characters was "out of town" for much of the book, so I didn't have to hear so many descriptions of marble skin and dreamy eyes. Instead, there was some much-needed backstory and an important new not-so-romantic relationship, that didn't get all lovey-dovey. ( )
  piersanti | Sep 28, 2014 |
I can honestly say I liked twilight before it became a hype. The books are fun to read and they triggered the whole YA vampire/wolf thing, so we all like them in a way. I just hate what the hype & media did to the books. Now it's all kirsten, pattinson & shrieking fangirls.
Besides all that the books were ok. ( )
  lisa.isselee | Sep 26, 2014 |
I couldn't bring myself to finish it. Too depressing.

It was fairly good until I got to the bit where Bella was brushing Jacob aside to go and rescue Edward. At this point I had to take a peek at the ending. I was appalled and couldn't continue reading it. Edward is flat and unlovable in this. Jacob was warm and full of life, I fell in love with him but evidently he was too good for Bella if she couldn't see what she had with him and dumped him for cold hard Edward.

I'm bitterly disappointed. I bought Eclipse at the same time as New Moon but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it now. I don't understand the hype anymore. I will not be watching the movie. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
Lua Nova é um romance escrito por Stephenie Meyer para jovens adultos sobre vampiros.
  melissa.gamador | Sep 9, 2014 |
As I previously mentioned, even though I'm not a Twilight fangirl, I must say that I didn't completely hate this book. It is fast-paced and in spite of the story not being an instant classic, you can still start and finish reading the book, even knowing it will add nothing useful to your life.

This book is a sequel of Twilight. When you thought everything was as perfect as a fairy tale, Edward decides that he needs to leave Bella's life. His sudden goodbye turns Bella's relationship with her childhood friend Jacob Black much stronger. The book emphasizes the strengthening of their friendship. I can already hear Edward's fangirls squeeling hysterically, but Jacob's strong presence in the story was actually what I liked in the book: he is a boneheaded young lad, automobiles lover, who has several imperfections and, moreover, is in that critical stage of puberty. Why I like him more than I like Edward? Because, during most part of the book, he is a HUMAN BEING. He is exactly what a real man is: completely missperfect, but so full of life!

Another thing that I liked the book was the reason why the book is called "New Moon". The excuse was FAR better than the previous book.

What I didn't like in the book: Bella and her long moments of depressive thoughts. They were making ME depressed.
Also, you can easily notice how much Stephenie loses her own self-control when she has to write anything Edward-related: she seems to forget how to write and starts with the same irritating mistakes of Twilight. I mean the repetitive descriptions of how perfect he his, of how perfect his eyes are and his hair and his face and hist breath. This is exactly what made Twilight so irritating. And you will also notice that she does NOT commit this mistake when describing ANYTHING Jacob does. She is very detailed when narrating his acts, his mood shifts and stuff, but not to the point of becoming annoying.

Fangirls will love the book. Haters will hate it. As for me... I wouldn't read it one more time, but I AM curious to know what happens in the following books. ( )
  aryadeschain | Aug 26, 2014 |
Less streamlined than Twilight yet just as exciting, New Moon will more than feed the bloodthirsty hankerings of fans of the first volume and leave them breathless for the third.
added by timspalding | editSchool Library Journal, Hillias J. Martin (Jul 13, 2009)

This best-selling sequel to “Twilight” — which introduced Edward, the world’s most gentlemanly 17-year-old vampire, and Bella, an ordinary teenager in Forks, Wash. — appropriately begins with an epigraph from “Romeo and Juliet”; love and death are once again entwined in their curiously absorbing romance.

Despite Bella's flat and obsessive personality, this tale of tortured demon lovers entices.
added by ncgraham | editKirkus Reviews, Francesca Belham

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
These violent delights

have violent ends and in their triumph die,

like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI
For my dad, Stephen Morgan —

No one has ever been given more loving and unconditional support than I have been given by you.

I love you, too.
I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.
Times passes. Even when it seems impossible.

Aus der Amazon.de-Redaktion
Eines Nachts hat Bella Swan einen schrecklichen Albtraum, in dem ihre bereits verstorbene Großmutter eine nicht unbedeutende Rolle zu spielen scheint. Bella betrachtet das zerknitterte, vom Alter gezeichnete Gesicht, das ihr da gegenüber getreten ist -- als plötzlich ihre große Liebe Edward auf der Bildfläche erscheint, schön und strahlend wie immer. Da erkennt Bella, dass es gar nicht ihre Großmutter ist, der sie in die von Falten umgebenen Augen blickt. Es ist ihr eigenes, um Jahrzehnte gealtertes Spiegelbild, dem sie in diesem plötzlichen Akt der Erkenntnis schutzlos ausgeliefert ist. Der ewig junge Edward aber tritt auf sie zu, drückt ihr seine eiskalten, aber perfekten Lippen auf die runzeligen Wangen, und flüstert: „Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag“.

Ganz so schlimm wie im Albtraum ist es nicht im wahren Leben von Bella Swan in Stephenie Meyers Roman Bis(s) zur Mittagsstunde. Aber ein wenig zeigt er doch die abgrundtiefen Ängste der Ich-Erzählerin. Zwar ist die Protagonistin „offiziell erst 18 Jahre alt“. Aber ihre große Liebe Edward, der sie mit völliger Hingabe auf ewig ergeben ist, wird auch in Zukunft gar nicht altern. Edward ist ein Vampir der verführerischsten Sorte, und Bella mag sich gar nicht überlegen, was geschieht, wenn sie an der Seite dieses Dorian Gray der Unterwelt langsam aber sicher als unabwendbare Spur der Zeit ihre Schönheit verliert. Dann plötzlich ist Bella von Edward verlassen. Warum nur lässt er sie im Stich? Was steckt hinter seinem Weggang? In Bis(s) zur Mittagsstunde muss Bella wichtige Entscheidungen treffen. Aber sie ist bereit, für ihre ungewöhnliche Liebe zu kämpfen. Dabei setzt sie für ihre unbezwingbare Leidenschaft und Liebe sogar die ein oder andere Freundschaft aufs Spiel...

Nach Bis(s) zum Morgengrauen ist Bis(s) zur Mittagsstunde der zweite Roman um Bella und Edward. Und es ist sicher nicht der letzte. Denn es gibt ja noch weitere Tageszeiten, zu denen man gebissen werden kann. Und das ist ein Glück, weil Meyer etwas geschafft hat, was sonst nur wenigen Autorinnen und Autoren gelingt: dem guten alten Vampir-Mythos nämlich neue Seiten abzugewinnen -- und damit neues Leben einzuhauchen. -- Isa Gerck -- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine andere Ausgabe: Gebundene Ausgabe .
Kurzbeschreibung
Ein kleiner, aber blutiger Zwischenfall an ihrem achtzehnten Geburtstag wird Bella fast zum Verhängnis. Edward sieht keinen anderen Ausweg: Er muss sie verlassen. Für immer. Bella ist verzweifelt, einzig die Freundschaft zu Jacob hält sie am Leben. Da erfährt Bella, dass Edward in höchster Gefahr schwebt. Und sein Schicksal liegt in ihren Händen. Sie muss zu ihm, rechtzeitig, bis zur Mittagsstunde … Nach »Biss zum Morgengrauen« ein weiterer Bestseller um Bella und Edward, der den Leser bis zur letzten Seite fesselt. -- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine andere Ausgabe:

Legions of readers entranced by Twilight are hungry for more and they won't be disappointed. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. The "star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:28 -0400)

When the Cullens, including her beloved Edward, leave Forks rather than risk revealing that they are vampires, it is almost too much for eighteen-year-old Bella to bear, but she finds solace in her friend Jacob until he is drawn into a "cult" and changes in terrible ways.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,963,007 books! | Top bar: Always visible