New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

New Moon (2006)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight Saga (2)

36,00794417 (3.71)2 / 663
    Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz (Runa)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (alaskabookworm)
    alaskabookworm: In terms of both the writing and the depth of her story, Bray's series is top notch.
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (goodiegoodie)
    The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Leishai: Ein etwas klassischer oder romantischer Vampir-Roman, vielleicht für die ältere Generation als die der Twilight-Fans geeignet.
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Romeo and Juliet (No Fear Shakespeare) by SparkNotes Editors (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: The original star-crossed lovers, this is obviously where Stephenie Meyer found a lot of the theme for New Moon
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (natalieinjeans)
    Shelter by Tara Shuler (avry15)
    avry15: this is also vampire romance book.. but in this one-it's another story , the girl here is the vampire and the so-called protector of the boy, though, the boy's true identity is later revealed... and instead having the rivalry of a wolf, a vampire-hunter takes its place..… (more)

English (906)  German (7)  Spanish (7)  Dutch (6)  French (6)  Finnish (3)  Portuguese (2)  Italian (2)  All (2)  Danish (2)  Swedish (1)  All (944)
This book is the least enjoyable for me, with the possible exception of book 4. The first time I read it, I was angry at Edward for leaving Bella, but Bella's the one I'm annoyed with now. It's frustrating to watch her fall apart, for so long, because she got dumped. I would rather read about her and Edward's (at times) nauseatingly lovey-dovey relationship than endure months of a morose Bella who can't live without the love of her life. I'm not a huge fan of Jacob, either. Glad I'm done with this one. ( )
  AngelClaw | May 11, 2017 |
First let me say that I do not like Stephenie Meyer or her writing style. But my cousin asked me to give the books a chance and so I have. And only because I watched "Twilight" and LOVED the chemistry between Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart (she's one of my favorite young actresses).

So I rented "New Moon" and hated it. What up, Edward?! Anyway, I thought the movie just stunk and hoped that the book would go more into the whole Volturi thing. I completely skipped the wold section as I'm not a fan of Jacob Black. I think he is incredibly boring and very, very immature. So since I watched the movie I skipped him and went directly to Italy with Bella and Alice.

I thought this was the worst of all the books. Mostly because of all the wolf stuff LOL. ( )
  wendithegray | May 1, 2017 |
New Moon struck a cord with me. I think Meyer successfully describes the hurt, anger, confusion a teenager feels when her first love leaves. I knew this feeling very well and when it happened to me again, I was able to reread New Moon and identify with Bella. ( )
  TinaMReid | Apr 23, 2017 |
Second book in the Twilight Saga, follows Bella as she tries to cope with Edward's absence in her life, and develop a stronger bond with her best friend Jacob, who happens to be a vampires worst enemy - a werewolf. Bella's loyalty to both Jacob and Edward are put to the test, causing her great emotional distress and heartache.

Again, would keep this in my personal library for students to read at their own leisure. I would leave it for students who are in 5th grade and up for them to read. Fantasy is a very appealing genre, especially for that age group of students. ( )
  gabitouriel | Apr 3, 2017 |
I actually enjoyed this book better than Twilight primarily due to the lack of gushy teen romance. Although I have to say the constant references to the "hole in her chest" grew old very fast. A bit of editing would have been appreciated too; the story went on for way too many pages.

However, the books are still strangely addictive and for that alone gets 3 stars from me.

P.S. I also like Jacob better than Edward - Jacob even seems somewhat normal unlike the "perfect" Edward! ( )
  janb37 | Feb 13, 2017 |
Less streamlined than Twilight yet just as exciting, New Moon will more than feed the bloodthirsty hankerings of fans of the first volume and leave them breathless for the third.
added by timspalding | editSchool Library Journal, Hillias J. Martin (Jul 13, 2009)

This best-selling sequel to “Twilight” — which introduced Edward, the world’s most gentlemanly 17-year-old vampire, and Bella, an ordinary teenager in Forks, Wash. — appropriately begins with an epigraph from “Romeo and Juliet”; love and death are once again entwined in their curiously absorbing romance.

Despite Bella's flat and obsessive personality, this tale of tortured demon lovers entices.
added by ncgraham | editKirkus Reviews, Francesca Belham

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
These violent delights

have violent ends and in their triumph die,

like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI
For my dad, Stephen Morgan —

No one has ever been given more loving and unconditional support than I have been given by you.

I love you, too.
I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.
Times passes. Even when it seems impossible.

I knew we were both in mortal danger. Still, in that instant, I felt well. Whole. I could feel my heart racing in my chest, the blood pulsing hot and fast through my veins again. My lungs filled deep with the sweet scent that came off his skin. It was like there had never been any hole in my chest. I was perfect - not healed, but as if there had never been a wound in the first place.

For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella could ever have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning...

Legions of readers entranced by Twilight are hungry for more and they won't be disappointed. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. The "star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:41 -0400)

When the Cullens, including her beloved Edward, leave Forks rather than risk revealing that they are vampires, it is almost too much for eighteen-year-old Bella to bear, but she finds solace in her friend Jacob until he is drawn into a "cult" and changes in terrible ways.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,471,598 books! | Top bar: Always visible