New Moon (Twilight, Book 2) by Stephenie…

New Moon (Twilight, Book 2) (original 2006; edition 2006)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight (2)

38,03796725 (3.69)2 / 671
Member:fionamae
Title:New Moon (Twilight, Book 2)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Young Readers (2006), Hardcover, 608 pages

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (2006)

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (alaskabookworm)
    alaskabookworm: In terms of both the writing and the depth of her story, Bray's series is top notch.
    Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz (Runa)
    The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Leishai: Ein etwas klassischer oder romantischer Vampir-Roman, vielleicht für die ältere Generation als die der Twilight-Fans geeignet.
    Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (goodiegoodie)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (LitWits)
    Romeo and Juliet (No Fear Shakespeare) by SparkNotes Editors (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: The original star-crossed lovers, this is obviously where Stephenie Meyer found a lot of the theme for New Moon
    Shelter by Tara Shuler (avry15)
    avry15: this is also vampire romance book.. but in this one-it's another story , the girl here is the vampire and the so-called protector of the boy, though, the boy's true identity is later revealed... and instead having the rivalry of a wolf, a vampire-hunter takes its place..… (more)

English (928)  German (8)  Spanish (7)  French (6)  Dutch (6)  Finnish (3)  Portuguese (2)  Danish (2)  Swedish (2)  Italian (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  All languages (968)
There's a new moon! And it's blue!!! Ha ha ha

The first hundred pages of this book made my heart poured gallons of tears that I also became numb. In a melodramatic way, I visualize myself being Bella. And since Stephenie knows how to break your heart through words, it definitely breaks mine. I thought I'm exempted? Though if only you could hear me reading this book in my mind, you'll definitely feel my numbness!!

Okay! Since this book is about the new moon and the hollywood teaches us that at full moon, they will changed into werewolf. So the book tells us about Jacob being a werewolf (Oopps spoiler alert!) ;) So it is more of Bella and Jacob and Jacob and Bella. I LIKED THAT BELLA MADE IT CLEAR THAT SHE FELT NOTHING BUT FRIENDSHIP AND SIBLINGS LOVE TO JACOB. THEN I HATE HER FOR BEING CLINGY. Stop it, will you?

I'm a bit disappointed with the Volturi I'm not scared, and we are ought to be scared but I don't feel anything. Because Aro is exhilarating that it makes me want to snap his head so I can be the perfect and cruel royal vampire. I'm looking forward for Marcus though and Victoria!! She is so slow that I want her dead like right now.

Verdict is 4.6 but I rounded it up! ( )
  joyishhh | Feb 24, 2019 |
Probably my least favorite of the series. ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
Not as good as the last one.
Jacob was a tad annoying and I didn't get the whole forced tension with Edward leaving but you gotta write something, am I right? ( )
  Elaine_Omwango | Jan 26, 2019 |
After taking almost a year to read Twilight, this book seemed to fly by in under a week. I loved the fact that Bella's feelings were described so well that you can get lost in them and forget that they are her's and not yours. It had such a wonderful story that fit in as an individual book with the ups and downs, as well as fitting perfectly in it's place in the series. ( )
  AngelaRenea | Jan 12, 2019 |
You all know Edward's lullaby.

Now get ready for...

Jacob's lullaby!

🎵 Close your eyes, shut your mouth, dream a dream to get us out,
Dream dream dream dream dream dream 🎵

Okay, but honestly, these books are way more fun if you're seeing Taylor Lautner in your mind. He's just all sorts of animals, isn't he? Wolf, shark, alpaca, and misogynist pig! (Yay!)

I'm pretty off topic, aren't I?

I really like the Volturi. More murder, please. Bella is annoying but still fairly relatable somehow. I'm still Team Mike Newton all the way #AllMericanBoi ( )
  Faith_Murri | Jan 5, 2019 |
Less streamlined than Twilight yet just as exciting, New Moon will more than feed the bloodthirsty hankerings of fans of the first volume and leave them breathless for the third.
added by timspalding | editSchool Library Journal, Hillias J. Martin (Jul 13, 2009)

This best-selling sequel to “Twilight” — which introduced Edward, the world’s most gentlemanly 17-year-old vampire, and Bella, an ordinary teenager in Forks, Wash. — appropriately begins with an epigraph from “Romeo and Juliet”; love and death are once again entwined in their curiously absorbing romance.

Despite Bella's flat and obsessive personality, this tale of tortured demon lovers entices.
added by ncgraham | editKirkus Reviews, Francesca Belham

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
These violent delights

have violent ends and in their triumph die,

like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI
For my dad, Stephen Morgan —

No one has ever been given more loving and unconditional support than I have been given by you.

I love you, too.
I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.
Times passes. Even when it seems impossible.

I knew we were both in mortal danger. Still, in that instant, I felt well. Whole. I could feel my heart racing in my chest, the blood pulsing hot and fast through my veins again. My lungs filled deep with the sweet scent that came off his skin. It was like there had never been any hole in my chest. I was perfect - not healed, but as if there had never been a wound in the first place.

For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella could ever have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning...

Legions of readers entranced by Twilight are hungry for more and they won't be disappointed. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. The "star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:41 -0400)

Bella befriends Jacob, a sophomore from her school with a penchant for motorcycles. Their adventures are wild, dare-devilish, and teeter on the brink of romance, but memories of Edward pervade Bella's emotions, and soon their fun quickly morphs into danger, especially when she uncovers the true identities of Jacob and his pack of friends.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,475,080 books! | Top bar: Always visible