New Moon (The Twilight Saga) by Stephenie…

New Moon (The Twilight Saga) (original 2006; edition 2009)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight (2)

37,51496024 (3.7)2 / 669
Member:rochellebarker
Title:New Moon (The Twilight Saga)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2009), Edition: 1 Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 576 pages

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (2006)

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (alaskabookworm)
    alaskabookworm: In terms of both the writing and the depth of her story, Bray's series is top notch.
    Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz (Runa)
    Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (goodiegoodie)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Leishai: Ein etwas klassischer oder romantischer Vampir-Roman, vielleicht für die ältere Generation als die der Twilight-Fans geeignet.
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Romeo and Juliet (No Fear Shakespeare) by SparkNotes Editors (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: The original star-crossed lovers, this is obviously where Stephenie Meyer found a lot of the theme for New Moon
    Shelter by Tara Shuler (avry15)
    avry15: this is also vampire romance book.. but in this one-it's another story , the girl here is the vampire and the so-called protector of the boy, though, the boy's true identity is later revealed... and instead having the rivalry of a wolf, a vampire-hunter takes its place..… (more)

English (921)  German (8)  Spanish (7)  French (6)  Dutch (6)  Finnish (3)  Portuguese (2)  Danish (2)  Swedish (2)  Italian (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  All languages (961)
Ok so this one the writing was a tad better than the first one.

LIAR

But Bella is still as annoying as ever!

Edward is nuts, especially the whole part about him wanting to commit suicide by the hands of the Volturi if anything happens to Bella. That is just NUTS! then the fact that Alice ”sees” Bella die so Edward goes to the extreme and goes to Italy.

I did enjoy getting to see more of Jasper he is a great character.

So now about Edward leaving, maybe he should’ve stay gone and Alice should’ve stuck to her own business instead of coming back to Forks. Jacob is a much better fit for Bella. Wait scratch that, Bella doesn’t deserve someone like Jacob.

Like I said this book is a tad better than the first but it still sucks the same
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
only 1/4 of this book was remotely interesting, and yet, i must complete the series.... ( )
  Rdra1962 | Aug 1, 2018 |
I don't know why I read this.

These books frustrate me to no end, for obvious reasons. ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
I think that the shaming that follows after enjoying a book in the Twilight Saga is what prevented me for so long from actually reading one. No, it's not the most extraordinary book in all of existence. However, I'm addicted and loving every second. I only wish I would have read the books sooner. ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
I didn't enjoy this segment of the Twilight opus as much as the first one. Maybe it's because like all the growth novels I read, I enjoy reading about the people growing into their powers/knowledge/whatever, but not so much when they've grown. I'm not sure why that is, but eh...

At any rate, I feel like the crux of this novel is pretty simple and easy to relate to--at least for me. In middle/high school, I had several groups of friends who ranged from just being uncomfortable together to excessive loathing of the people in the other groups. I learned quickly who could hang out with who and what pairings were doomed to disaster.

Bella's problem is both a little more obvious and a little more dangerous, but it's still the same basic problem--the best (fantasy?)fiction takes human problems and looks at it through a different angle, a sharper focus, as it were.

Part of me is curious as to how Bella's going to handle the problem of vampires vs. werewolves, but at the same time, the character itself doesn't inspire me to care about her that much--maybe because she doesn't seem to care about herself. It's aggravating to me that she's basically done what young women are explicitly told NOT to do: define ourselves by our man. ( )
  amsee | May 1, 2018 |
Less streamlined than Twilight yet just as exciting, New Moon will more than feed the bloodthirsty hankerings of fans of the first volume and leave them breathless for the third.
added by timspalding | editSchool Library Journal, Hillias J. Martin (Jul 13, 2009)

This best-selling sequel to “Twilight” — which introduced Edward, the world’s most gentlemanly 17-year-old vampire, and Bella, an ordinary teenager in Forks, Wash. — appropriately begins with an epigraph from “Romeo and Juliet”; love and death are once again entwined in their curiously absorbing romance.

Despite Bella's flat and obsessive personality, this tale of tortured demon lovers entices.
added by ncgraham | editKirkus Reviews, Francesca Belham

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
These violent delights

have violent ends and in their triumph die,

like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI
For my dad, Stephen Morgan —

No one has ever been given more loving and unconditional support than I have been given by you.

I love you, too.
I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.
Times passes. Even when it seems impossible.

I knew we were both in mortal danger. Still, in that instant, I felt well. Whole. I could feel my heart racing in my chest, the blood pulsing hot and fast through my veins again. My lungs filled deep with the sweet scent that came off his skin. It was like there had never been any hole in my chest. I was perfect - not healed, but as if there had never been a wound in the first place.

For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella could ever have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning...

Legions of readers entranced by Twilight are hungry for more and they won't be disappointed. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. The "star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:41 -0400)

Bella befriends Jacob, a sophomore from her school with a penchant for motorcycles. Their adventures are wild, dare-devilish, and teeter on the brink of romance, but memories of Edward pervade Bella's emotions, and soon their fun quickly morphs into danger, especially when she uncovers the true identities of Jacob and his pack of friends.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,833,828 books! | Top bar: Always visible