New Moon (The Twilight Saga) by Stephenie…

New Moon (The Twilight Saga) (original 2006; edition 2009)

by Stephenie Meyer

36,17594617 (3.71)2 / 663
Member:shannonhensley
Title:New Moon (The Twilight Saga)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2009), Edition: 1 Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 576 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:vampire, twilight, immortal

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (2006)

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz (Runa)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (alaskabookworm)
    alaskabookworm: In terms of both the writing and the depth of her story, Bray's series is top notch.
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (goodiegoodie)
    The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Leishai: Ein etwas klassischer oder romantischer Vampir-Roman, vielleicht für die ältere Generation als die der Twilight-Fans geeignet.
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Romeo and Juliet (No Fear Shakespeare) by SparkNotes Editors (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: The original star-crossed lovers, this is obviously where Stephenie Meyer found a lot of the theme for New Moon
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (natalieinjeans)
    Shelter by Tara Shuler (avry15)
    avry15: this is also vampire romance book.. but in this one-it's another story , the girl here is the vampire and the so-called protector of the boy, though, the boy's true identity is later revealed... and instead having the rivalry of a wolf, a vampire-hunter takes its place..… (more)

English (909)  German (7)  Spanish (7)  Dutch (6)  French (6)  Finnish (3)  Portuguese (2)  Italian (2)  All (2)  Danish (2)  Swedish (1)  All (947)
In this second book of the wildly successful “Twilight” series, Bella is heartbroken because Edward broke up with her. He told her he didn’t love her anymore, and felt it would be best if he and his family went away forever so she could move on with her life as if he’d never existed. True to his word, he disappeared – taking her heart and sanity with him.

Without Edward, Bella falls into a deep depression, which goes on for seven months. Her only escape from the unbearably lonely days and nights without Edward is time spent with Jacob Black, a young Native American from the nearby reservation who is an old family friend. As her friendship with Jacob intensifies, she learns of how he and others from his tribe turn into werewolves to protect their land from vampires – their natural enemies. As she continues spending time with him, she wonders if he can be enough to help her forget Edward. Could the love of a younger, but handsome and strong teen werewolf, help her forget the unforgettable and breathtakingly handsome vampire who broke her heart?

Bella is at her worst in “New Moon,” as she goes on and on about the hole in her body Edward left when he disappeared. She refuses to try to heal herself, and wallows constantly in self-pity. Readers will quickly get annoyed with her. The very bright spot in the book is the character of Jacob Black who, though briefly mentioned in “Twilight,” gets full billing in “New Moon.” Again make sure to read the book before you see the movie, as Taylor Lautner’s handsome face will forever be associated with Jacob.

Recommended for ages 14 and older.

Book review link: https://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2017/06/26/new-moon-twilight-2-stephenie-meyer/ ( )
  sunshinealma | Jun 26, 2017 |
Poor Jacob, I think he got the short end in this one... ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
This book was as good or better than the first. It showed me how a true writer writes. This book gave me many more feeling than the last book, but they weren't all good. This book I would recommend for tweens or teens just as the last book (Twilight). This book may not be as highly starred as the others in the series, but I do believe that Stephenie Meyer put a lot of time and hard work into this amazing book.

New Moon is a book about two lovers and how one has to leave to save the other. Bella and Edward fell in love and met in the last book, but Edward was always worried for Bella because many other vampires had suspicions about her. Edward was afraid of hurting her because of his unnatural immortal ways as a vampire. So he left. He wanted to save her from him. Bella couldn't stand it, her heart was broken and nothing could fix that. Well, except for Jacob Black, he became her best friend. But when Bella did something reckless Edward found out and thought she was dead, so her tried to kill himself too. Bella saved him thought, and they were happy and safe with each other. -Julia Marlin ( )
  JuliaM.BG3 | Jun 2, 2017 |
This book is the least enjoyable for me, with the possible exception of book 4. The first time I read it, I was angry at Edward for leaving Bella, but Bella's the one I'm annoyed with now. It's frustrating to watch her fall apart, for so long, because she got dumped. I would rather read about her and Edward's (at times) nauseatingly lovey-dovey relationship than endure months of a morose Bella who can't live without the love of her life. I'm not a huge fan of Jacob, either. Glad I'm done with this one. ( )
  AngelClaw | May 11, 2017 |
First let me say that I do not like Stephenie Meyer or her writing style. But my cousin asked me to give the books a chance and so I have. And only because I watched "Twilight" and LOVED the chemistry between Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart (she's one of my favorite young actresses).

So I rented "New Moon" and hated it. What up, Edward?! Anyway, I thought the movie just stunk and hoped that the book would go more into the whole Volturi thing. I completely skipped the wold section as I'm not a fan of Jacob Black. I think he is incredibly boring and very, very immature. So since I watched the movie I skipped him and went directly to Italy with Bella and Alice.

I thought this was the worst of all the books. Mostly because of all the wolf stuff LOL. ( )
  wendithegray | May 1, 2017 |
Less streamlined than Twilight yet just as exciting, New Moon will more than feed the bloodthirsty hankerings of fans of the first volume and leave them breathless for the third.
added by timspalding | editSchool Library Journal, Hillias J. Martin (Jul 13, 2009)

This best-selling sequel to “Twilight” — which introduced Edward, the world’s most gentlemanly 17-year-old vampire, and Bella, an ordinary teenager in Forks, Wash. — appropriately begins with an epigraph from “Romeo and Juliet”; love and death are once again entwined in their curiously absorbing romance.

Despite Bella's flat and obsessive personality, this tale of tortured demon lovers entices.
added by ncgraham | editKirkus Reviews, Francesca Belham

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
These violent delights

have violent ends and in their triumph die,

like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI
For my dad, Stephen Morgan —

No one has ever been given more loving and unconditional support than I have been given by you.

I love you, too.
I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.
Times passes. Even when it seems impossible.

I knew we were both in mortal danger. Still, in that instant, I felt well. Whole. I could feel my heart racing in my chest, the blood pulsing hot and fast through my veins again. My lungs filled deep with the sweet scent that came off his skin. It was like there had never been any hole in my chest. I was perfect - not healed, but as if there had never been a wound in the first place.

For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella could ever have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning...

Legions of readers entranced by Twilight are hungry for more and they won't be disappointed. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. The "star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:41 -0400)

When the Cullens, including her beloved Edward, leave Forks rather than risk revealing that they are vampires, it is almost too much for eighteen-year-old Bella to bear, but she finds solace in her friend Jacob until he is drawn into a "cult" and changes in terrible ways.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,172,888 books! | Top bar: Always visible