New moon by Stephenie Meyer

New moon (original 2006; edition 2007)

by Stephenie Meyer

35,17593317 (3.73)2 / 647
Member:Tina.Sandev
Title:New moon
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Fazi (2007), Hardcover
Rating:**

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (2006)

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Leishai: Ein etwas klassischer oder romantischer Vampir-Roman, vielleicht für die ältere Generation als die der Twilight-Fans geeignet.
    Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz (Runa)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (alaskabookworm)
    alaskabookworm: In terms of both the writing and the depth of her story, Bray's series is top notch.
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (goodiegoodie)
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Romeo and Juliet (No Fear Shakespeare) by SparkNotes Editors (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: The original star-crossed lovers, this is obviously where Stephenie Meyer found a lot of the theme for New Moon
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (natalieinjeans)
    Shelter by Tara Shuler (avry15)
    avry15: this is also vampire romance book.. but in this one-it's another story , the girl here is the vampire and the so-called protector of the boy, though, the boy's true identity is later revealed... and instead having the rivalry of a wolf, a vampire-hunter takes its place..… (more)

English (898)  German (7)  Spanish (6)  French (6)  Dutch (5)  Finnish (3)  Portuguese (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  Italian (2)  Danish (2)  Swedish (1)  All languages (934)
Still entertaining, two books in. I don't know how, but I have decided to let myself enjoy this series. I have had to throw feminism to the wolves (no pun intended), and every rational thing I know about male--female relationships.

I remember what it was like to be a young teenager. I didn't care about anything other than books and boys. I just wanted a boy to like me. I was plain and clumsy and Edward would have been my fantasy boyfriend. Sigh. ( )
  RojaHorchata | Jul 11, 2016 |
Painful every time I read it, but each time Jacob grows on me. Just read it again with my current classes before our field trip to the movie. That Jacob - gotta love him! ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
I am currently rereading this book for what is probably the 10th time. I did truly enjoy this series of books. That said this volume in particular was my least favorite of the lot. I am looking forward to the upcoming movie, and hope that it will be much better than the first one was. Movies aside, I do hope that we have not heard the last of these loveable and memorable charactars. ( )
  BethMcV69 | Jun 17, 2016 |
I read the first, so I read the second. From all four books I like this one the least. It shows a weak girl, that can’t live without her man, gets depressed and almost screws up her life. But wait, suddenly, that depressed, ordinary girl is the only one (including 6 super strong vampires) left to save the day. Still no real danger.

- no excitement, no danger
- no interesting or strong characters ( )
  Chiffongurl | Jun 16, 2016 |
I'll be brief to upset as few people as possible;

Stephanie Meyer begins writing a WONDERFUL love relationship, that is full of passion and then she calls it off on account of a boyfriend who has done 'stupid stuff' to ultimately win back his ex-girlfriend. I'm sorry, but if we were to take off the vampire garb this emo boy hath on, he would appear to be a very watered down and clingy Romeo. No offense, but if he weren't a vampire, he would not be taken back by 90% of the population.

Oh, and suicide, my children, is something that this story is seeming to want to do. Eh, I dislike suicide in my stories. Shakespeare did it with dignity, plus, back then, there was good reason. Today? Only in funky avant-garde novels I love so much. In a romance novel with tired Vampire themes? NO. End of story, as in, not allowed and most definately not wanted. It would also be literally the end of this story.

Honestly my children? Go read some paranormal Regency, those stories are at least hard worked at and have happy endings. You'll get the same watered down Vampirism as in here.

And if you are feeling depressed, find someone to talk to. Even if you have had your heart broken by a paranormal being. Kay? :) ( )
  knotbox | Jun 9, 2016 |
Less streamlined than Twilight yet just as exciting, New Moon will more than feed the bloodthirsty hankerings of fans of the first volume and leave them breathless for the third.
added by timspalding | editSchool Library Journal, Hillias J. Martin (Jul 13, 2009)

This best-selling sequel to “Twilight” — which introduced Edward, the world’s most gentlemanly 17-year-old vampire, and Bella, an ordinary teenager in Forks, Wash. — appropriately begins with an epigraph from “Romeo and Juliet”; love and death are once again entwined in their curiously absorbing romance.

Despite Bella's flat and obsessive personality, this tale of tortured demon lovers entices.
added by ncgraham | editKirkus Reviews, Francesca Belham

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kim, YoungIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
These violent delights

have violent ends and in their triumph die,

like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI
For my dad, Stephen Morgan —

No one has ever been given more loving and unconditional support than I have been given by you.

I love you, too.
I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.
Times passes. Even when it seems impossible.

Aus der Amazon.de-Redaktion
Eines Nachts hat Bella Swan einen schrecklichen Albtraum, in dem ihre bereits verstorbene Großmutter eine nicht unbedeutende Rolle zu spielen scheint. Bella betrachtet das zerknitterte, vom Alter gezeichnete Gesicht, das ihr da gegenüber getreten ist -- als plötzlich ihre große Liebe Edward auf der Bildfläche erscheint, schön und strahlend wie immer. Da erkennt Bella, dass es gar nicht ihre Großmutter ist, der sie in die von Falten umgebenen Augen blickt. Es ist ihr eigenes, um Jahrzehnte gealtertes Spiegelbild, dem sie in diesem plötzlichen Akt der Erkenntnis schutzlos ausgeliefert ist. Der ewig junge Edward aber tritt auf sie zu, drückt ihr seine eiskalten, aber perfekten Lippen auf die runzeligen Wangen, und flüstert: „Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag“.

Ganz so schlimm wie im Albtraum ist es nicht im wahren Leben von Bella Swan in Stephenie Meyers Roman Bis(s) zur Mittagsstunde. Aber ein wenig zeigt er doch die abgrundtiefen Ängste der Ich-Erzählerin. Zwar ist die Protagonistin „offiziell erst 18 Jahre alt“. Aber ihre große Liebe Edward, der sie mit völliger Hingabe auf ewig ergeben ist, wird auch in Zukunft gar nicht altern. Edward ist ein Vampir der verführerischsten Sorte, und Bella mag sich gar nicht überlegen, was geschieht, wenn sie an der Seite dieses Dorian Gray der Unterwelt langsam aber sicher als unabwendbare Spur der Zeit ihre Schönheit verliert. Dann plötzlich ist Bella von Edward verlassen. Warum nur lässt er sie im Stich? Was steckt hinter seinem Weggang? In Bis(s) zur Mittagsstunde muss Bella wichtige Entscheidungen treffen. Aber sie ist bereit, für ihre ungewöhnliche Liebe zu kämpfen. Dabei setzt sie für ihre unbezwingbare Leidenschaft und Liebe sogar die ein oder andere Freundschaft aufs Spiel...

Nach Bis(s) zum Morgengrauen ist Bis(s) zur Mittagsstunde der zweite Roman um Bella und Edward. Und es ist sicher nicht der letzte. Denn es gibt ja noch weitere Tageszeiten, zu denen man gebissen werden kann. Und das ist ein Glück, weil Meyer etwas geschafft hat, was sonst nur wenigen Autorinnen und Autoren gelingt: dem guten alten Vampir-Mythos nämlich neue Seiten abzugewinnen -- und damit neues Leben einzuhauchen. -- Isa Gerck -- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine andere Ausgabe: Gebundene Ausgabe .
Kurzbeschreibung
Ein kleiner, aber blutiger Zwischenfall an ihrem achtzehnten Geburtstag wird Bella fast zum Verhängnis. Edward sieht keinen anderen Ausweg: Er muss sie verlassen. Für immer. Bella ist verzweifelt, einzig die Freundschaft zu Jacob hält sie am Leben. Da erfährt Bella, dass Edward in höchster Gefahr schwebt. Und sein Schicksal liegt in ihren Händen. Sie muss zu ihm, rechtzeitig, bis zur Mittagsstunde … Nach »Biss zum Morgengrauen« ein weiterer Bestseller um Bella und Edward, der den Leser bis zur letzten Seite fesselt. -- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine andere Ausgabe:

Legions of readers entranced by Twilight are hungry for more and they won't be disappointed. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. The "star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:41 -0400)

When the Cullens, including her beloved Edward, leave Forks rather than risk revealing that they are vampires, it is almost too much for eighteen-year-old Bella to bear, but she finds solace in her friend Jacob until he is drawn into a "cult" and changes in terrible ways.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,488,767 books! | Top bar: Always visible