New Moon (The Twilight Saga) by Stephenie…

New Moon (The Twilight Saga) (original 2006; edition 2008)

by Stephenie Meyer

35,36193617 (3.72)2 / 650
Member:Justjenniferreading
Title:New Moon (The Twilight Saga)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2008), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 608 pages

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (2006)

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz (Runa)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (alaskabookworm)
    alaskabookworm: In terms of both the writing and the depth of her story, Bray's series is top notch.
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (goodiegoodie)
    The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Leishai: Ein etwas klassischer oder romantischer Vampir-Roman, vielleicht für die ältere Generation als die der Twilight-Fans geeignet.
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Romeo and Juliet (No Fear Shakespeare) by SparkNotes Editors (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: The original star-crossed lovers, this is obviously where Stephenie Meyer found a lot of the theme for New Moon
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (natalieinjeans)
    Shelter by Tara Shuler (avry15)
    avry15: this is also vampire romance book.. but in this one-it's another story , the girl here is the vampire and the so-called protector of the boy, though, the boy's true identity is later revealed... and instead having the rivalry of a wolf, a vampire-hunter takes its place..… (more)

English (900)  German (7)  Spanish (7)  French (6)  Dutch (5)  Finnish (3)  Portuguese (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  Danish (2)  Italian (2)  Swedish (1)  All languages (937)
Loved it. Couldn't put it down. ( )
  Bubamdk | Sep 9, 2016 |
In New Moon Meyer paints heartache in frighteningly beautiful colors. While it did was not as much of a "fun read" for me, it was far more riveting. Bella's despair and the tragedy was what drove this novel, and especially Jacob and the wolves, who got a bad rap I feel in the end. ( )
  JSilverwood | Aug 27, 2016 |
I liked it, sort of. But, like Twilight, it was a slow starter for me. The dialogue was still clunky and sappy and often felt like Meyer was, again, trying too hard. She still needs to find a good editor. Bella's narration is awkward throughout the book.

All the way through this book I wanted to throttle her. She's still weak and whiny. She used Jacob something fierce. Her melodrama over losing Edward was enough to make me vomit. There's a point during grief where you need to leave the valley of despair. To camp out there is unhealthy.

Teenagers tend to think the world revolves around them, and Bella is typical in this. I think one of my main complaints is that she has not grown or evolved as a person. Meyer has failed miserably in developing a strong character. I still don't see any reason for Edward to like her. She has no depth, she has no interests other than Edward and herself. Her vision is typically teenager in that her life will begin and be one great romance once Edward has turned her. Perhaps my error is in wanting her to be so much more than she is: a teenage girl.

And Edward. Hello? What happened? Edward's age and life experience should make him a man of depth. In this book, he was as bad as Bella. The "I can't have her, I think she's dead, so I'm going to end my life too" scenario is so unlike how the character of Edward should be.

Book 3 is next. Hopefully, somewhere along the way the series will be redeemed. I'm not holding out much hope. I still don’t get the hype. Especially from grown women. Silly, idealistic, teenage girls going nuts over it, I can see. Grown women? I don’t get it. But, then again, I don’t get the hype over High School Musical either. And grown women go nuts over it too. ( )
  2kidsandtired | Aug 2, 2016 |

2kidsandtired | Aug 2, 2016 |
Still entertaining, two books in. I don't know how, but I have decided to let myself enjoy this series. I have had to throw feminism to the wolves (no pun intended), and every rational thing I know about male--female relationships.

I remember what it was like to be a young teenager. I didn't care about anything other than books and boys. I just wanted a boy to like me. I was plain and clumsy and Edward would have been my fantasy boyfriend. Sigh. ( )
  RojaHorchata | Jul 11, 2016 |
Less streamlined than Twilight yet just as exciting, New Moon will more than feed the bloodthirsty hankerings of fans of the first volume and leave them breathless for the third.
added by timspalding | editSchool Library Journal, Hillias J. Martin (Jul 13, 2009)

This best-selling sequel to “Twilight” — which introduced Edward, the world’s most gentlemanly 17-year-old vampire, and Bella, an ordinary teenager in Forks, Wash. — appropriately begins with an epigraph from “Romeo and Juliet”; love and death are once again entwined in their curiously absorbing romance.

Despite Bella's flat and obsessive personality, this tale of tortured demon lovers entices.
added by ncgraham | editKirkus Reviews, Francesca Belham

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kim, YoungIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
These violent delights

have violent ends and in their triumph die,

like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI
For my dad, Stephen Morgan —

No one has ever been given more loving and unconditional support than I have been given by you.

I love you, too.
I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.
Times passes. Even when it seems impossible.

Aus der Amazon.de-Redaktion
Eines Nachts hat Bella Swan einen schrecklichen Albtraum, in dem ihre bereits verstorbene Großmutter eine nicht unbedeutende Rolle zu spielen scheint. Bella betrachtet das zerknitterte, vom Alter gezeichnete Gesicht, das ihr da gegenüber getreten ist -- als plötzlich ihre große Liebe Edward auf der Bildfläche erscheint, schön und strahlend wie immer. Da erkennt Bella, dass es gar nicht ihre Großmutter ist, der sie in die von Falten umgebenen Augen blickt. Es ist ihr eigenes, um Jahrzehnte gealtertes Spiegelbild, dem sie in diesem plötzlichen Akt der Erkenntnis schutzlos ausgeliefert ist. Der ewig junge Edward aber tritt auf sie zu, drückt ihr seine eiskalten, aber perfekten Lippen auf die runzeligen Wangen, und flüstert: „Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag“.

Ganz so schlimm wie im Albtraum ist es nicht im wahren Leben von Bella Swan in Stephenie Meyers Roman Bis(s) zur Mittagsstunde. Aber ein wenig zeigt er doch die abgrundtiefen Ängste der Ich-Erzählerin. Zwar ist die Protagonistin „offiziell erst 18 Jahre alt“. Aber ihre große Liebe Edward, der sie mit völliger Hingabe auf ewig ergeben ist, wird auch in Zukunft gar nicht altern. Edward ist ein Vampir der verführerischsten Sorte, und Bella mag sich gar nicht überlegen, was geschieht, wenn sie an der Seite dieses Dorian Gray der Unterwelt langsam aber sicher als unabwendbare Spur der Zeit ihre Schönheit verliert. Dann plötzlich ist Bella von Edward verlassen. Warum nur lässt er sie im Stich? Was steckt hinter seinem Weggang? In Bis(s) zur Mittagsstunde muss Bella wichtige Entscheidungen treffen. Aber sie ist bereit, für ihre ungewöhnliche Liebe zu kämpfen. Dabei setzt sie für ihre unbezwingbare Leidenschaft und Liebe sogar die ein oder andere Freundschaft aufs Spiel...

Nach Bis(s) zum Morgengrauen ist Bis(s) zur Mittagsstunde der zweite Roman um Bella und Edward. Und es ist sicher nicht der letzte. Denn es gibt ja noch weitere Tageszeiten, zu denen man gebissen werden kann. Und das ist ein Glück, weil Meyer etwas geschafft hat, was sonst nur wenigen Autorinnen und Autoren gelingt: dem guten alten Vampir-Mythos nämlich neue Seiten abzugewinnen -- und damit neues Leben einzuhauchen. -- Isa Gerck -- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine andere Ausgabe: Gebundene Ausgabe .
Kurzbeschreibung
Ein kleiner, aber blutiger Zwischenfall an ihrem achtzehnten Geburtstag wird Bella fast zum Verhängnis. Edward sieht keinen anderen Ausweg: Er muss sie verlassen. Für immer. Bella ist verzweifelt, einzig die Freundschaft zu Jacob hält sie am Leben. Da erfährt Bella, dass Edward in höchster Gefahr schwebt. Und sein Schicksal liegt in ihren Händen. Sie muss zu ihm, rechtzeitig, bis zur Mittagsstunde … Nach »Biss zum Morgengrauen« ein weiterer Bestseller um Bella und Edward, der den Leser bis zur letzten Seite fesselt. -- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine andere Ausgabe:

Legions of readers entranced by Twilight are hungry for more and they won't be disappointed. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. The "star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:41 -0400)

When the Cullens, including her beloved Edward, leave Forks rather than risk revealing that they are vampires, it is almost too much for eighteen-year-old Bella to bear, but she finds solace in her friend Jacob until he is drawn into a "cult" and changes in terrible ways.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,186,490 books! | Top bar: Always visible