New Moon (Twilight Saga (Prebound)) by…

New Moon (Twilight Saga (Prebound)) (original 2006; edition 2010)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight (2)

37,72096326 (3.69)2 / 671
Member:valhang
Title:New Moon (Twilight Saga (Prebound))
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Perfection Learning (2010), Hardcover, 563 pages
Collections:Young Adult, Your library

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (2006)

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (alaskabookworm)
    alaskabookworm: In terms of both the writing and the depth of her story, Bray's series is top notch.
    Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz (Runa)
    Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (goodiegoodie)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Leishai: Ein etwas klassischer oder romantischer Vampir-Roman, vielleicht für die ältere Generation als die der Twilight-Fans geeignet.
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Romeo and Juliet (No Fear Shakespeare) by SparkNotes Editors (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: The original star-crossed lovers, this is obviously where Stephenie Meyer found a lot of the theme for New Moon
    Shelter by Tara Shuler (avry15)
    avry15: this is also vampire romance book.. but in this one-it's another story , the girl here is the vampire and the so-called protector of the boy, though, the boy's true identity is later revealed... and instead having the rivalry of a wolf, a vampire-hunter takes its place..… (more)

English (924)  German (8)  Spanish (7)  French (6)  Dutch (6)  Finnish (3)  Portuguese (2)  Danish (2)  Swedish (2)  Italian (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  All languages (964)
I liked this book alot. I thought Jacob was a great character and she wrote him very well. It led nicely into the next book. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
The continuation of the Twilight series.
  brendanus | Oct 19, 2018 |
I jumped on the Twilight wagon really late. I read Twilight months ago, and then my boyfriend bought me new moon and eclipse from the second hand bookstore near our apartment. They've been sitting on my shelves for months now so I figured I should tackle them.

I have to admit though, as much as I heard all the negativity about it, all the opinions that it's overrated and cheesy and all of that, I like it. I feel for the characters and get pulled into their world. I definitely wouldn't say I'm a die hard fan but I sort of understand where all the hysteria surrounding the Twilight series comes from. There's not much I can say that probably hasn't already been said about this book, so I won't. But I do have to say it's a nice easy read for those hours in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. ( )
  Melissalovesreading | Sep 30, 2018 |
This series was my very PNR Romance, I watch the movie with my daughter and was so damn angry and the ending of movie that I decided to buy the books ;-)
  Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |
According to me a Prologue or the 1st Chapter of a book is THE reflection - SO it must capture my attention from page 1 I will continue a few more chapters to give the Book a fair chance to change my mind!
SO Herewith my review!

Prologue OR Chapter 1

Chapter Development

Epilogue! →

My feelings while reading this: →

To the Author

Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |
Less streamlined than Twilight yet just as exciting, New Moon will more than feed the bloodthirsty hankerings of fans of the first volume and leave them breathless for the third.
added by timspalding | editSchool Library Journal, Hillias J. Martin (Jul 13, 2009)

This best-selling sequel to “Twilight” — which introduced Edward, the world’s most gentlemanly 17-year-old vampire, and Bella, an ordinary teenager in Forks, Wash. — appropriately begins with an epigraph from “Romeo and Juliet”; love and death are once again entwined in their curiously absorbing romance.

Despite Bella's flat and obsessive personality, this tale of tortured demon lovers entices.
added by ncgraham | editKirkus Reviews, Francesca Belham

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
These violent delights

have violent ends and in their triumph die,

like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI
For my dad, Stephen Morgan —

No one has ever been given more loving and unconditional support than I have been given by you.

I love you, too.
I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.
Times passes. Even when it seems impossible.

I knew we were both in mortal danger. Still, in that instant, I felt well. Whole. I could feel my heart racing in my chest, the blood pulsing hot and fast through my veins again. My lungs filled deep with the sweet scent that came off his skin. It was like there had never been any hole in my chest. I was perfect - not healed, but as if there had never been a wound in the first place.

For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella could ever have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning...

Legions of readers entranced by Twilight are hungry for more and they won't be disappointed. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. The "star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:41 -0400)

Bella befriends Jacob, a sophomore from her school with a penchant for motorcycles. Their adventures are wild, dare-devilish, and teeter on the brink of romance, but memories of Edward pervade Bella's emotions, and soon their fun quickly morphs into danger, especially when she uncovers the true identities of Jacob and his pack of friends.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,851,831 books! | Top bar: Always visible