Double or Die by Charlie Higson

Double or Die (2007)

by Charlie Higson

Recently added byadolph15, AmyBrownie259, parramarist, VivienneR, DGSBiblio, Shea42, Adurna101, private library, capnbob

mystery and action!!! awesome!!!! ( )
  jking99 | Jun 9, 2011 |
This was an exciting book for James Bond. He had to go through all these tasks in order to stay alive. I'm glad Charlie Higson keeps his life exciting because I stay in the book and I read more for my class. ( )
  ErDe0113 | Jan 31, 2011 |
I have read the first three of the Young Bond Series, and have yet to finish one.

This sounded like the would be a really good book and I'd be sucked into the adventure. James and his friends have to solve a series of clues in order to help free someone they know that's been kidnapped. It sounds like such a fun read I couldn't wait to get into it. That being said, it was a very slow read. When it did have action, the action was slow.

I really wanted to like this series, but as I said, I never finished any of the books. It's time this series and I parted company. ( )
  Reacherfan | Feb 12, 2010 |
Through much of this third book in the Young Bond series, characters use their brains rather than fighting to solve problems. Of course, knowing that it's James Bond we're reading about, you know violence of some sort is goign to come into play. And, as usual, it does. Bond attracts trouble, but it's clear he's grown up a bit more since the previous novels. He's a bit cleverer and Higson has given us a bit more to connect the Bond adult readers are familiar with to the one we're reading about. I look forward to the next book in the series. ( )
  callmecayce | Dec 10, 2009 |
For me, this book was some what interesting but the problem was that there were too many boring parts too it that l think were not very necessary. What captivated me was the puzzle James Bond and his friend were trying to solve. ( )
  8H_bluephoenix | Oct 17, 2009 |
The year is 1933, and the atmospherics, from the spires of Cambridge to an abandoned railway underneath the slums of London, are very well done. A series with a high I.Q.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0141322039, Paperback)

Adventures of a young James Bond.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:20 -0400)

In a London cemetery a professor is kidnapped at gunpoint. A letter crammed with cryptic clues arrives at Eton. To decipher, James Bond must take a series of dangerous gambles. Once the code is cracked, he has just 48 hours to save the professor from the dark forces that threaten to destroy them both.It's not only their future under threat it's the rest of the world's ....… (more)

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141322039, 0141343397

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,384,905 books! | Top bar: Always visible