Body Checked: After the Buzzer

by Melody Heck Gatto

Series: Renegades Hockey (9)

313,335,302 (4)None
Recently added bydlynch, Melody621

No tags

Melody Heck Gatto hits it in the net with BODY CHECKED: AFTER THE BUZZER, the ninth book in the Renegades series. Despite their mutual attraction to each other hockey player, Matt Jasper, and his massage therapist, Madison Briggs, are in the friend zone. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

Melody Heck Gatto did a nice job with her character development. I like Matt. He is divorced. He is toward the end of his hockey career. He is ten years older than Maddy. Maddy is a sweet heroine. I like that she appreciated Matt for the person he is and not that he is a professional athlete. I love that they start out as friends. They both value their friendship and are afraid of losing it. Matt and Maddy both have issues with their exes that cause obstacles for their relationship. Matt is also struggling with being towards the end of his career.

BODY CHECKED: AFTER THE BUZZER is heartwarming and believable. It is skillfully written. This is a great addition to the Renegades series. I’m excited that Melody Heck Gatto has plans on continuing Matt and Maddy’s story with the Wilkes Barre Falcons. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book. ( )
  dlynch | Apr 15, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,689,364 books! | Top bar: Always visible