Howard Stern Comes Again by Howard Stern

Howard Stern Comes Again

by Howard Stern

I have never been a big fan of the more juvenile aspects of his show. But over the years he has built a reputation as being one of the best interviewers, if not the best. Of this I agree. This is a collection of those interviews with original lead ins. Worth a read. ( )
  tkgbjenn1 | Jul 6, 2019 |
A "best of" from one of the best interviewers in the world. Howard's maturation and self-awareness shines through in reading these interviews (summaries - as they are abridged from the full versions). His ability to have guests open up is more apparent with th e interviews in the past five years. This is starkyl contrasted with his interview of his mother, Ray from 2000.
A disappointment is the bias and sympathies toward PC views. ( )
  starkravingmad | Jun 16, 2019 |
This book is dedicated to all the animals that my wife, Beth, and I have rescued over the years. Here is a painting I did of one of them. Her name was Sophia.
It's been over twenty years since my last book, and I vowed that I would never do this again.

Rock stars and rap gods. Comedy legends and A-list actors. Supermodels and centerfolds. Moguls and mobsters. A president. Over his unrivaled four-decade career in radio, Howard Stern has interviewed thousands of personalities?discussing sex, relationships, money, fame, spirituality, and success with the boldest of bold-faced names. But which interviews are his favorites? It's one of the questions he gets asked most frequently. Howard Stern Comes Again delivers his answer. This book is a feast of conversation and more, as between the lines Stern offers his definitive autobiography?a magnum opus of confession and personal exploration. Tracy Morgan opens up about his near-fatal car crash. Lady Gaga divulges her history with cocaine. Madonna reminisces on her relationship with Tupac Shakur. Bill Murray waxes philosophical on the purpose of life. Jerry Seinfeld offers a master class on comedy. Harvey Weinstein denies the existence of the so-called casting couch. An impressive array of creative visionaries weigh in on what Stern calls "the climb"?the stories of how they struggled and eventually prevailed. As he writes in the introduction, "If you're having trouble finding motivation in life and you're looking for that extra kick in the ass, you will find it in these pages." Interspersed throughout are rare selections from the Howard Stern Show archives with Donald Trump that depict his own climb: transforming from Manhattan tabloid fixture to reality TV star to president of the United States. Stern also tells of his Moby Dick -like quest to land an interview with Hillary Clinton in the run-up to the 2016 election?one of many newly written revelations from the author. He speaks with extraordinary candor about a variety of subjects, including his overwhelming insecurity early in his career, his revolutionary move from terrestrial radio to SiriusXM, and his belief in the power of psychotherapy. As Stern insightfully notes in the introduction: "The interviews collected here represent my best work and show my personal evolution. But they don't just show my evolution. Gathered together like this, they show the evolution of popular culture over the past quarter century."… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,433,058 books! | Top bar: Always visible