Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Endymion (Hyperion) by Dan Simmons

Endymion (Hyperion) (original 1995; edition 1996)

by Dan Simmons (Author), Gary Ruddell (Illustrator)

Series: Hyperion Cantos (3)

An adventure story set in a universe ruled by a church which rewards obedience from its citizenry by dispensing resurrection. The story centers on Raul Endymion, a woodsman from the planet Hyperion, given the task of finding the planet Earth which mysteriously disappeared. By the author of The Fall of Hyperion.… (more)
Member:dalai-lt
Title:Endymion (Hyperion)
Authors:Dan Simmons (Author)
Other authors:Gary Ruddell (Illustrator)
Info:Spectra (1996), Edition: Reprint, 576 pages

Endymion by Dan Simmons (1995)

English (38)  Italian (2)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (43)
Hyperion y la caida de Hyperion son libros magnificos.
Hyperion nos cuenta un universo nuevo y grandioso desde multiples angulos.
La caida, lo extiende, le da profundidad y foco.

Endymion, en cambio recicla lo anterior, añade, siendo generoso, un concepto y se contenta con explicar lo maravillosa que va a ser la aventura, pero sin que esa maravilla ocurra.

Se me hace dificil pensar que es el mismo autor de los libros anteriores. O quiza no queria realmente escribir esto y lo hizo por presiones comerciales.
  trusmis | Nov 28, 2020 |
The start of a journey of david vs the great empire. In lots of places feels like dragging a bit & sometimes a lot. ( )
  sami7 | Aug 3, 2020 |
The writing in these books is surprisingly strong. I thought I was going to stop after the 2nd book, particularly because this one happens far in the future, but the story is pretty darn compelling. ( )
  billycongo | Jul 22, 2020 |
Some hero you are
you're supposed to protect her
not make her save you. ( )
1 vote Eggpants | Jun 25, 2020 |
This one brings the series back into its glory

Book 2 had something of a weak ending, but this one is strong throughout. Now I can't wait to dig into the final installment of this fine series. ( )
  Jerry.Hatchett | Mar 21, 2020 |

Simmons, Danprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ahokas, JuhaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bevine, VictorNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ilkka JuopperiCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rostant, LarryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
We must not forget that the human soul,
however independently created
our philosophy represents it as being,
is inseparable
in its birth and in its growth
from the universe into which it is born.
--Teilhard de Chardin
Give us gods. Oh give them us!
Give us gods.
We are so tired of men
and motor-power.
--D. H. Lawrence
You are probably reading this for the wrong reason.
Several translations of the Hyperion series were published as multiple volumes There are no equivalent English volumes. Do not combine these with any works other than the equivalent partial volume in another language.

The ISBNs here are not always correctly matched up to the books. Use both the title and ISBN to figure out what the actual work is. Also note that the title sometimes contains the volume number in the entire Hyperion series (with or without multiple parts).

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,733,883 books! | Top bar: Always visible