Tyrannosaur Canyon by Douglas Preston

Tyrannosaur Canyon (2005)

by Douglas Preston

Recently added byJamski, NatalieBlalack, ShadowWolf2802, zaydah09, MarykayH, Emmie217, private library, JimHCNMT, majkia

English (45)  Dutch (2)  All (47)
I loved this book. All the unexpected twists and turns kept me glued to the pages. I read through the night to finish it. ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
What I wanted:

What I got:

That's what you get when you don't check up the book you reading before. Anyway, the book wasn't that bad, it was just not what I wanted. I wanted a t-rex, perhaps a couple of t-rex, and people being hunted by t-rex, instead I got t-rex...fossil and a lot of people after the fossil.

I had a bit of trouble getting into the story of Tyrannosaur Canyon and Wyman Ford isn't really working for me. I prefer his agent Pendergast books with Lincoln Child. The part of the book I liked the best was "the life of the T-rex", when Preston wrote about her life 65 million years ago. So in a way I actually liked the t-rex best of all the "characters" in the book... ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
Tyrannosaur Canyon (Wyman Ford #1) by Douglas Preston is a great thriller/mystery based around an archeology find. It is fast paced and exciting. I enjoyed it on many levels. I loved exciting stories of archaeological finds, stories that puzzle, those that might involve the government, and a new scientific find. Murder, mayhem, and suspense is the bonus! Good story! ( )
  MontzaleeW | Aug 16, 2017 |
In this story we are introduced again to Tom Broadbent (from "The Codex") as he stumbles across a dying, gunshot man. Before the man dies, he passes on a dark secret within a notebook of numbers and importunes Broadbent to see the notebook returned to his daughter. This task, difficult because Broadbent does not know who the man is, soon involves great personal peril to both Broadbent and his wife as people begin to try killing them. Lots of people actually. An entire cast of scary bad guys, from crazed ex-cons, soldiers, sociopathic creepy scientists, government agents, and others come crawling out of the woodwork looking to end the Broadbents in various terminally nasty ways, for the notebook itself turns out to be something of a treasure map. The Broadbents find help in some unlikely places and people, and make many improbable escapes as they race to determine what secrets the notebook holds and what to do when the secrets are revealed.

This was an action-packed, if somewhat implausible story. I found the villains to be kind of lame. The evil ex-con who runs a convict dating service, the evil Museum curator, the coldly impassive Asian government agent. All seemed a little over the top. This being said, I love the books written by these two authors. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |

PROLOGUE

Taurus-Littrow Valley

Mare Serenitatis

The Moon

On December 11, 1972, the last manned Apollo mission to the moon touched down at the Taurus-Littrow landing site, a spectacular, mountain-ringed valley at the edge of the Sea of Serenity.
Stem Weathers scrambled to the top of the Mesa de los Viejos, tied the burr to a dead juniper, and settled himself down on a dusty boulder.
To be a creature without memory is to be free.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0765349655, Mass Market Paperback)

About the Author

DOUGLAS PRESTON has worked for the American Museum of Natural History as well as with his frequent collaborator, Lincoln Child. He has authored such bestselling thrillers as Brimstone, The Cabinet of Curiosities, and Relic. His latest solo novel is The Codex.

Amazon.com Exclusive Content

Rex-ommended Reading
You won't need to do any research before reading Douglas Preston's exciting novel Tyrannosaur Canyon, but it's easy to see he did plenty. Check out his
list of recommended reading to learn more about the mighty T. Rex and the fascinating world of dinosaurs in general.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:21 -0400)

Georgie York, a former sitcom star whose husband has left her and whose film career has stalled tries to pick up the pieces of her life with help of her detestable former co-star Bramwell Shepard.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,239,437 books! | Top bar: Always visible