The Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav…

The Adventures of Captain Underpants (original 1997; edition 1997)

by Dav Pilkey (Author)

Member:LilOso
Title:The Adventures of Captain Underpants
Authors:Dav Pilkey (Author)
Info:Scholastic (1997), 121 pages
Rating:*****

The Adventures of Captain Underpants: The First Epic Novel by Dav Pilkey (1997)

The adventures of Captain Underpants is the first book in the Captain Underpants series. This book is about George and Harold. They are pranksters in school who love playing jokes on everyone. They create their own comic book named Captain Underpants. Their principle Krupp blackmails them into behaving. One day, they order a ring from a magazine. This hypnotizes their principle into becoming Captain Underpants who gets himself into all kinds of trouble.

I would use this book with grades 2nd through 5th. This book can be used to teach about graphic novels and comic book writing. ( )
  KaleyD | Nov 25, 2018 |
Comic book for young children with funny jokes and an amusing plot. The idea of a character only wearing underwear is funny to children and will keep them engaged. I feel that children can relate to this book because they have similar humor to the characters. Very fun book! ( )
  spinke1 | Nov 1, 2018 |
Better than I expected. Certainly better than the movie. ( )
  benuathanasia | Aug 10, 2018 |
This was our latest bedtime chapter book and I was informed by my daughter that this was "waaaaay better" than the last book we read. Who doesn't like adventure and flying underpants?! ( )
  ChelleBearss | Jul 4, 2018 |
This was really awesome comic book. I read it like 5 times when I was younger maybe more. I don't know what is so awesome about a baby superhero that is wearing nothing but a diaper and a cape, I don't know how that is so cool but it is and I love it. According to the American Library Association, Pilkey's Captain Underpants series was banned in some schools for insensitivity and being unsuited to age group, as well as encouraging children to disobey authority. That is the dumbest reason to banned a book I have ever heard. ( )
  Sam-Teegarden | Jun 2, 2018 |
For Dave and Nancy Melton with gratitude
Meet George Beard and Harold Hutchins.

Georges et Harold ont créé le plus grand superhéros de toute l'histoire de leur école primaire - et maintenant , ils vont lui donner vie !

The first book in Dav Pilkey's mega-bestselling Captain Underpants series. Now with super-cool foil covers! Shiny! Fun!

George and Harold have created the greatest superhero in the history of their elementary school--and now they're going to bring him to life! Meet Captain Underpants! His true identity is so secret, even HE doesn't know who he is!
Acclaimed author and Caldecott Honor illustrator Dav Pilkey provides young readers with the adventure of a lifetime in this outrageously funny, action-packed, easy-to-read chapter book. With hilarious pictures on every page, THE ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS is great for both beginning and chapter-book readers. And like Dav's other best-selling books of humor, it is sure to provide even the most reluctant readers with hours of fun.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:45 -0400)

When George and Harold hypnotize their principal into thinking that he is the superhero Captain Underpants, he leads them to the lair of the nefarious Dr. Diaper, where they must defeat his evil robot henchmen.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,808,295 books! | Top bar: Always visible