dismiss

A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly…

A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (original 2019; edition 2019)

by Holly Jackson

Series: Good Girl (1)

The case is closed. Five years ago, schoolgirl Andie Bell was murdered by Sal Singh. The police know he did it. Everyone in town knows he did it. Almost everyone. Having grown up in the small town that was consumed by the crime, Pippa Fitz-Adeleke chooses the case as the topic for her final project. But when Pip starts uncovering secrets that someone in town desperately wants to stay hidden, what starts out as a project begins to become Pip's dangerous reality . . . Perfect for fans of One of Us Is Lying, We Were Liars, Gone Girl and The Hazel Wood.… (more)
Member:konallis
Title:A Good Girl's Guide to Murder
Authors:Holly Jackson
Info:London : Electric Monkey, 2019.
Tags:children's/young adult, crime fiction, Branford Boase, read 2020

A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson (2019)

Great story full of page-turning suspense. I read this in one setting because I just had to know what happened. Definitely kept my attention and am looking forward to the next one in the series. ( )
  Melissa_O | Jul 3, 2020 |
In A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson, Pippa (Pip) Fitz-Amobi has a hunch. For her senior project, she looks into a closed murder-suicide of her classmates because of something amiss. As she digs deeper, it becomes obvious that someone does not want her to find the truth. Pip keeps pushing even through danger and intrigue all the way to the final explosive end.

Read my review - https://bythecoverreview.com/2020/06/29/review-a-good-girls-guide-to-murder-by-h... ( )
  bythecoverreview | Jun 29, 2020 |
Okay, this was 100% unputdownable. I think, at the tender age of 28 (nearly 29), I’ve reached my Nancy Drew phase? YA crime fiction/mysteries/thrillers are my new jam, and Jackson’s debut was an absolute smash for me. A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder was sharp, quickly paced, and engaging, while the plot was both smart and fun to read. There was a hint of romance that was very sweet yet managed to not be a detraction from the primary story in any way. Clever, sleuthy, and a damn good time. Cannot wait to get my hands on the sequel. ( )
  GennaC | Jun 20, 2020 |
I'm not even sure where to start on this book. A Good Girl's Guide to Murder was an emotional roller coaster. I don't think I have ever read a book that has made me question the integrity of almost every single character. As each piece of evidence in the case of Andie Bell was revealed, there was a new prime suspect, not to mention, the fear of trusting even Ravi Singh.

This book tells the story of the murder of Andie Bell through the scope of a senior capstone project. Pippa, knew that something was off about the case and Sal Singh being the evident murderer. Pippa fearlessly chases the truth about the death of Andie Bell, and has to deal with the danger of finding the true killer, who is still walking free.

I have always loved these small town mysteries, though they maybe far fetched. I couldn't help but to try to solve this one right along with Pip, but I have to say that I didn't beat her to it. There is nothing more pleasant than having a brilliant character to lead you on a journey like this. The last handful of chapters, I was a huge ball of nerves, I was nervous for Pip, and I was scared of what the truth might be.

This was truly well written and brilliantly planned. I would strongly recommend this book for anyone looking to be swept up in a dangerous murder mystery. ( )
  AvaGuerra | Jun 6, 2020 |
Sal Singh is a boy who committed suicide after allegedly murdering his girlfriend Andie Bell and hiding her body. Five years later Pippa Fitz-Amobi has decided to clear the name of Sal Singh for a school project by re-examining all of the evidence she can find and by re-interviewing everyone who was involved in the cold case. Pippa is convinced that the kind sweet boy she knew as Sal could never have done what he was accused of doing.
Once she starts her investigation, she gains an accomplice; Sal’s younger brother Ravi who is thrilled to realize there is at least one person outside of their family, who is convinced of Sal’s innocence.
As more and more clues are uncovered and the list of suspects grows, Pippa starts to receive warnings to back off the case. Initially she isn’t too worried, but when the unthinkable happens and a death occurs, it becomes obvious that the real killer isn’t fooling around.

The intricacy of the plot is outstanding, the relationship between Pippa and Ravi is refreshing and the pacing of the story is superb. It has been a long time since I enjoyed a mystery this much.

Caution: Due to the mature content such as references to drinking, drug use and sex, I would definitely recommend this for teens rather than tweens. ( )
  JRlibrary | May 25, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

To Mum and Dad, this first one is for you.
Pip knew where they lived.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,651,624 books! | Top bar: Always visible