Naked in Death by J. D. Robb

Naked in Death (1995)

by J. D. Robb

Series: In Death (1)

3,6731781,433 (3.97)1 / 343
    Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs (MyriadBooks)
    MyriadBooks: Yes, yes; one is an urban fantasy werewolf novel and the other a futurist police procedural/romance, but both of them have intensely character-driven protagonists whose relationships bind their series' together and evolve with each new book published.
    Timecaster by Joe Kimball (Scottneumann)
    Whiskey Sour by J. A. Konrath (Scottneumann)

English (175)  Dutch (1)  All (176)
Where do I start?!
I absolutely LOVED this book!!
I loved the futuristic viewpoint and the look into what Roberts believed the future had potential for. I loved the chemistry between Roarke and Eve. Everything between them was hot and amazing.

The only part I didn't like about the novel was the ending. It could have been put together a little better. I feel like it was a little rushed and I saw the ending from the beginning!

If your looking for a hardset mystery detective novel than I'd try somewhere else. But if your looking for some crazy chemistry, a mystery, and murder this is where you need to go! ( )
  Shiinale | Jul 7, 2017 |
I love the entire In Death series, but this one holds a special place since it is the first meeting of Eve and Roarke. Great introduction to a long running series. This is the third time I've read this book. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
This is book one in the series that I have read many times. This is the first time I listened to the audiobook. The narrator is okay but her voice does not match my inner voice of the characters so I won’t be listening to future books. I prefer my inner voice of characters for example many times Eve was shrill rather than strong and resilient. I am glad I took the time to listen. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jun 26, 2017 |
Not really my usual type, a little too police procedural and not enough sci-fi, but still good characters and a story that kept me interested! I might read more of them eventually. ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
Wow!! I loved this book. As soon as I started the book I knew this was going to be a good read. I loved Eve!! She was awesome and I loved her attitude.

Eve gets a case that is horrific in nature. She has been on the police force for over 10 years. She is a lieutenant and is handed the case of a licensed companion. Eve is put on the case of who killed Sharon DeBlass, who also happens to have some political ties.

The investigation has a political push from Senator DeBlass and the Police Chief. I felt as I was reading that there was definitely a cover up happening. I had an idea that the person who committed the murder was powerful. I can't wait to read the next book in his series. ( )
  crazy4reading | May 28, 2017 |

Warner, BobCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
What's past is prologue. --William Shakespeare

Violence is as American as cherry pie. --Rap (Hubert Gerold) Brown
She woke in the dark.

It is the year 2058, and technology now completely rules the world. But Lieutenant Eve Dallas knows that the irresistible impulses of the human heart are still ruled by just one thing-passion. Crime and punishment is her business. Murder her speciality. Named by the social worker who found her when she was a mere child roaming that city's streets, Eve is a New York police detective who lives for her job. In over ten years on the force, she's seen it all - and knows her survival depends on her instincts.

When a senator's daughter is killed, the secret life of prostitution she'd been leading is revealed. Three young women have been brutally murdered, and Lieutenant Eve Dallas has been assigned to investigate. The high-profile case takes she into the rarefied circles of Washing-ton politics and society. She knows better than to become emotionally involved with her work. But the prime suspect is Roarke, one of the wealthiest and most influential men on the planet, and a suave, sophisticated and devilishly handsome Irish with a mysterious past. And much to her dismay, she finds herself powerless to resist his charm. She's going against every warning telling her not to get involved with Roarke, but passion and seduction have rules of their own, and it's up to Eve to take a chance in the arms of a man she knows nothing about - except the addictive hunger of needing his touch.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425148297, Mass Market Paperback)

In a world of danger and deception, she walks the line--between seductive passion and scandalous murder...

Eve Dallas is a New York police lieutenant hunting for a ruthless killer. In over ten years on the force, she's seen it all--and knows her survival depends on her instincts. And she's going against every warning telling her not to get involved with Roarke, an Irish billionaire--and a suspect in Eve's murder investigation. But passion and seduction have rules of their own, and it's up to Eve to take a chance in the arms of a man she knows nothing about--except the addictive hunger of needing his touch.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:46 -0400)

Three young women have been brutally murdered. After 10 years on the New York City police force, Lieutenant Eve Dallas knows better than to become emotionally involved with her work. But the prime suspect is a suave, sophisticated Irish billionaire with a mysterious past and she finds herself powerless to resist his charm.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,080,206 books! | Top bar: Always visible