Mapa Trzech Mędrców by James Rollins

Mapa Trzech Mędrców (original 2005; edition 2005)

by James Rollins

Member:Bauer
Title:Mapa Trzech Mędrców
Authors:James Rollins
Info:Avon (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 560 pages

Map of Bones by James Rollins (2005)

Recently added byprivate library, jmoncton, Theadora78, cebellol, ZLoyrakpes

English (38)  Portuguese (1)  Danish (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (42)
Reading a James Rollins' Sigma Force thriller is like reading a Dan Brown mystery, but instead of the hero being know-it-all symbologist, you get a team of know-it-all scientists who just happen to also be top secret CIA operatives. The members of this special ops group all have PhDs in some science discipline and have the strength and skill of any Olympic athlete. So much for the stereotype that geeks can't walk and chew gum! Lots of action and a good bit of historic mythology thrown in about ancient alchemists.

My only complaint about this specific title is that our dashing hero Gray keeps on thinking about the curves and lips of Rachel, his Italian carabinieri counterpart. Keep your mind on the mission - there are bad guys running all over the place. Definitely could see this as a Hollywood blockbuster. ( )
  jmoncton | Jul 25, 2014 |
This book was... just ok. It was structured SO similarly to The DaVinci Code and I was unable to get past that. I felt like I was reading The DaVinci Code again with different names. It really didn't live up to the awesomeness of its name, and yes, I picked this book because the name sounded spectacular.

All that aside, I really enjoyed most of the characters. Gray was pretty cool. I liked that we were privy to some of his internal dialogue. It was interesting to see someone who exuded such strong vibes to his teammates fighting with himself in his head. Uncle Vigor was great too, even if he was a bit of a know it all. It did bug me some though, that he was nearly ALWAYS the one figuring out the puzzles. I would have liked more from Kat, but I liked what we did get from her. She was pretty bad ass, if I do say so myself.

One thing I will give this book good marks for is it's ability to just be picked up. I found out after I'd read a good chunk of the book that it was, in fact, the second in the series. You don't miss anything, as far as I can tell, by starting the series with this book. ( )
  cebellol | Jul 22, 2014 |
70 RMB from Carrefour Gubei, Shanghai.

15/11/07 Will probably start this today. I had to buy it when I read on the back that it involved people trying to steal the magi's bones from a German cathedral. I've visited the Kölner Dom many times and after paying for the tour several times, I knew enough about the cathedral to do a pretty good job as tour guide for our visitors.

24/11/07 Read over the last two days. Enjoyed the book but thought it got a bit shaky towards the end which is often the case in these books that involve uncovering some secret treasure or knowledge that has been hidden for hundreds or thousands of years. Anyway, it was interesting enough that I'll keep an eye out for more of his books. ( )
  Susanna.Dilliott | Apr 23, 2014 |
Fun, interesting reading. You always learn new things when you read James Rollins books.
  viasenor | Oct 15, 2013 |
I'm a bit ambivalent about this book. I usually enjoy a good techo-thriller but I found Map Of Bones to be inferior and too structurally similar to the previous Sigma Force novel, Sandstorm.

The story in Map Of Bones did not seem to flow and felt like a series of action sequences punctuated by episodes of exposition. The main characters, to me, shared too many characteristics with characters of Sandstorm. Especially the heroine, who was descended from “royal blood”.
Plus, the way the heroes stumbled from ambush to ambush, repeating the same mistakes started to grate towards the end.

I know novels have to have a degree of suspension of disbelief but my patience was sorely tempted by the end.

The book at least made me want to reach the end, and that's the best thing I can say.

I hope book 3 in the Sigma Force series is better. ( )
  LustyRebel | Oct 3, 2013 |
Izuzetan spoj akcije, avanture i religijsko-okultnog trilera, intelektualno provokativan i uzbudljiv

U jednoj od najpoznatijih katedrala u Nemačkoj, na misteriozan način pobijeni su svi koji su prisustvovali ponoćnoj misi. Iz crkve je odneto neprocenjivo blago – mošti tri biblijska kralja koji su darivali Hrista, legendarna tri mudraca.
Komandant Grej Pirs, novi član odeljenja Sigma, predvodi tim agenata u potrazi za Imperijalnim redom zmaja, tajnim društvom aristokrata čiji su koreni negde u tami srednjeg veka, a cilj im je da, uz pomoć mističnih kostiju, stvore novi svetski poredak. Lavirint tragova ostavljenih u davnoj prošlosti vodi agente Sigme kroz evropske gotske katedrale, preko ostataka sedam čuda Starog sveta do magičnih mesta na kojima su nauka i religija sjedinjeni i predstavljaju pretnju kakva nije viđena od početka vremena.

„Mapa kostiju, roman o starom tajnom društu i potrazi za neprocenjivim antikvitetom, sigurno se može porediti sa Den Braunovim Da Vinčijevim kodom, ali je, u svakom pogledu, mnogo bolja knjiga. Tamo gde je Braunov bestseler predvidiv uprkos dobroj postavci, ova priča je mudro vođena i napeta.“
Buklist

„Rolins je jedan od najinventivnijih savremenih pripovedača.“
added by Sensei-CRS | editknjigainfo.com, Lincoln Child

James Rollinsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Aurstad, ToreTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cunha, Marcos José daTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Post Uiterweer, EllisTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stöbe, NorbertÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Verri, BeatriceTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Na de plundering van de stad Milaan onder keizer Barbarossa werden de heilige relieken toegewezen aan Reinhold von Dassel, aartsbisschop van Keulen (1159-1167). Deze schat werd de Duitse aartsbisschop toegewezen vanwege zijn verdiensten als rijkskanselier onder deze keizer. Niet iedereen was blij dat een dergelijke schat Italië verliet...en dat ging dan ook niet zonder slag of stoot.

Uit: L'Histoire de la Sainte Empire Romaine
(Geschiedenis van het Heilige Roomse Rijk), 1845
Histoires Littéraires
To
Alexandra and Alexander
may both your lives shine as
brightly as all the stars
The archbishop"s men fled into the shadows of the lower valley.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060765240, Mass Market Paperback)

The bones lead to ancient mysteries and present-day terror . . . To follow them means death.

During a crowded service at a cathedral in Germany, armed intruders in monks' robes unleash a nightmare of blood and destruction. But the killers have not come for gold; they seek a more valuable prize: the bones of the Magi who once paid homage to a newborn savior . . . a treasure that could reshape the world.

With the Vatican in turmoil, Sigma Force under the command of Grayson Pierce leaps into action, pursuing a deadly mystery that weaves through sites of the Seven Wonders of the World and ends at the doorstep of an ancient, mystical, and terrifying secret order. For there are those with dark plans for the stolen sacred remains that will alter the future of humankind . . . when science and religion unite to unleash a horror not seen since the beginning of time.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:40:26 -0400)

"The crime is inhumanly cruel with horrific consequences both unthinkable and inevitable. During a service at a cathedral in Cologne, Germany, a band of armed intruders dressed in monks' robes unleash a nightmare of blood and terror, ruthlessly gunning down worshippers and clergy alike. The killers haven't come for the church's gold and valuable artwork, but for a priceless treasure secreted within: the preserved bones of the Three Magi who once came to pay homage to a newborn savior. As they flee the carnage they have wrought, they carry a prize that could reshape the world."."The Vatican is in turmoil, and Lieutenant Rachel Verona of Rome's carabinieri is assigned to lead the investigation. But no ordinary police organization alone can deal with the bizarre theft and massacre, and SIGMA Force - an elite covert arm of the U.S. Defense Department - is called in under the command of Grayson Pierce. New to SIGMA, Pierce assembles a crack team of scientific and Special Forces operatives to unravel the mystery of the stolen bones, and together they set out on a twisting trail through a labyrinth of clues and dark revelations that carry them to the sites of the Seven Wonders of the World - and to the doorstep of the mystical and terrifying Dragon Court."."An ancient, secret fraternity of alchemists and assassins, the master-adepts of the Dragon Court have plans for the sacred remains that will alter the future of humankind in devastating ways that only the maddest of zealots could desire - and they will let nothing and no one stand in their way. Suddenly Pierce, Verona, and the SIGMA team are the hunted as well as the hunters, forced to use every skill they possess to survive as they follow the bones to the ultimate confrontation between darkness and light - in a lost place of history where science and religion will unite to unleash a horror not seen since the beginning of time."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

James Rollins is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,695,411 books! | Top bar: Always visible