Simple Genius by David Baldacci

Simple Genius (edition 2007)

by David Baldacci

Member:Kathy89
Title:Simple Genius
Authors:David Baldacci
Info:Warner Books (2007), Edition: 1ST, Hardcover, 420 pages
Tags:(fiction) mystery, audiobook

Simple Genius by David Baldacci

English (50)  Dutch (2)  German (1)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (55)
I've read other books in the King/Maxwell series (though not necessarily reading them in order) and by the author. I did think this was about standard. Perhaps my reading the books out of order is why I wasn't as thrown by the beginning of this book as some readers seem to be. I guess it was a way for the author to explore Maxwell's history and to try to explain some of her character's habits--like the sloppiness and why she can't seem to clean her car.
Interspersed around that is an adventure that involves a scientific research area (Babbagetown) and a CIA location (Camp Peary) that takes readers on an interesting trip as King and Maxwell seek to find out why a Babbagetown scientist committed suicide at Camp Peary. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jul 4, 2016 |
I sincerely hope that this story is indeed a work of fiction but something tells me there may be more than one grain of truth to it. I hadn't read any of David Baldacci's work until this but I already have two more ready to go. Loved the characters of Michelle Maxwell and Sean King. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Baldacci brought a fictional department of the government to life in Simple Genius. Lead characters, Sean King and Michelle Maxwell are superb as they work together to solve the murder of a genius in an unusual laboratory and secret CIA training camp in Babbage Towne. The novel is rich in history and filled with tons of kicks, punches and flying bullets.

This book was cleverly plotted and forced me to take interest in other books starring King and Maxwell.

Reviewed by Mary Jean Curry author of THE DRUNK DETECTIVE. ( )
  MaryJeanCurry | May 21, 2016 |
Review for audiobook - 2 stars story ♫ 4 stars narration. Luckily I read some reviews before I started this so I wasn't completely thrown off by events in the beginning of the book. I agree with the other reviews in that it was so bizarre to have those issues with Michelle. Talk about left field! She's all tough, super smart with the only hint of an issue is that she's a slob. Then she goes in full meltdown out of the blue. The plot was a bit bizarre for me... I just didn't get into it that much. I hope the next one in the series is better.
4 stars for the narration. Ron McLarty is awesome! ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
4 stars for the narration. Ron McLarty is awesome! ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
To my dear friend Maureen Egen,
May the days be long and the seas calm.
There are four acknowledged ways of meeting your maker: You can die by natural causes including illness; you can die by accident; you can die by another's hand; and you can die by your own hand.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044661873X, Mass Market Paperback)

In a world of secrets, human genius is power.

And sometimes it is simply deadly...

A three-hour drive from Washington, D.C., two clandestine institutions face each other across a heavily guarded river. One is the world's most unusual laboratory, whose goals and funding are a mystery. The other is an elite CIA training camp shrouded in secrecy. Now a man and a woman are about to run a gauntlet between these two puzzle factories, straight into a furious struggle to exploit a potentially world-shattering discovery--and keep some other secrets underwraps forever...

Former secret service agents turned private investigators Sean King and Michelle Maxwell have seen their lives splinter around them. Michelle lies unconscious ina hospital bed after a night of suicidal violence. And Sean is forced to take on a thankless investigation into the mutder of a scientist just inside the CIA's razor-wire fence near Williamsburg, Virginia.

Soon he is uncovering layer after layer of disinformation that shields a stunning world filled with elite mathematics, physicists, war heroes, spies, and deadly field agents. Amid more murder, a seemingly autistic girl's extraordinary genius, and a powerful breakthrough in the realm of classified codes, Sean soon learns enough to put his life at risk. Now more than ever, he needs Michelle--at her best--to help stop a conspiracy of traitors operating in the shadow of the White House itself.

From Michelle's courageous struggle to defeat her long-buried personal demons to a
centuries-old secret that surfaces in the heat of action, SIMPLE GENIUS pulses with stunning, high-intensity suspense. The heroes of Split Second and Hour Game, David Baldacci's #1 New York Times bestsellers, are back--as you've never seen them before.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:46 -0400)

After checking into a psychiatric institution, former Secret Service agent Michelle Maxwell is worriedly monitored by partner Sean King, who distracts himself with a murder investigation at a genius enclave where a sophisticated microprocessor is being developed.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,162,006 books! | Top bar: Always visible