No title (1981)

Title:
Authors:
Info:
Collections:

A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein (1981)

Alligator Pie by Dennis Lee (Cecrow)
    Cecrow: Pre-eminent children's poets in their respective countries.

In Light in the Attic, I read the poem titled Light in the Attic about someone from the outside looking in. Someone can "see the light on the attic" and they can see it from the outside. Meaning, someone can see that this person is intelligent and present, they just may not be showing it. This outsider knows this persons potential and can see it without it being told. This shows a deeper understanding for someone else and true care and compassion. Helping others and being so selfless to notice that someone else may feel that their mind is trapped in the attic when others can see that the "light is on" and that potential is there. ( )
  katrinavenezio | Mar 29, 2017 |
A poetry book I truly treasure, this is a book with endless pages of some funny, some morose, some interesting poems.
  kiahbremframe | Mar 18, 2017 |
This is a poetry book with all sorts of fun and creative poems that will spark a students imagination. I would use this as a tool in my classroom, every time there was a spare moment or if we had circle time I would read a poem to my students. We could talk about the meaning of each poem and use this as a way to start a creative discussion about meaning and author/character intent.
  siobhan.mcsweeney | Feb 20, 2017 |
Another great collection of poems and drawings by Shel Silverstein. One of my favorites is "The Sitter." A great way to teach children that not names make sense! :) ( )
  SraSpoer | Feb 8, 2017 |
This book is great to introduce students to poems. It is a book full of interesting and silly little poems. It shares the art of literature in a really fun way. This will of course help students to establish good rhythm therefore helping students that are always focused on sounding out. I feel that this book of poetry has been a source of inspiration of poetry for many a child. I know it was for me and all my siblings; we would all come home with this book. It might be good to read a poem at the end of everyday. A good way to share without overdoing poetry, which I feel happens all too often. ( )
  MissCogswell | Dec 5, 2016 |
Mr. Silverstein's work remains a must for lovers of good verse for children. Quite like nobody else, he is still a master of delectable outrage and the proprietor of a surprisingly finely tuned sensibility.

Shel Silversteinprimary authorall editionscalculated
alfred hitchcocksecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
joyce carol oatesAuthorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Here in the attic of Shel Silverstein you will find Backward Bill, Sour Face Ann, the Meehoo with an Exactlywatt, and the Polar Bear in the Frigidaire. You will talk with Broiled Face, and find out what happens when Somebody steals your knees, you get caught by the Quick-Digesting Gink, a Mountain snores, and They Put a Brassiere on the Camel.
From the creator of the beloved poetry collections Where the Sidewalk Ends and Falling Up, here is another wondrous book of poems and drawings. (CHARLES DUFF REVIEW BELOW) This eclectic collection of children’s poems with exaggerated accompanying sketches makes for an entertaining book. The poems are relatively short, varying between a few sentences and two pages, are in a narrative style. They are humorous and offer up a terrific way to get kids generally interest in poetry. School Library Media Specialists can use this book during book talks as an independent reading book. It's an appropriate book to introduce in the later elementary grades and even into middle school. Shel Silversteins website offers games and additional education resources for teachers and kids: http://www.shelsilverstein.com/indexS...

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0060256737, Hardcover)

A Look Inside A Light In the Attic Special Edition
(Click on Images to Enlarge)

"Backward Bill" "Presents, Presents, Presents"

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:41 -0400)

A collection of humorous poems and drawings.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,342,918 books! | Top bar: Always visible