The Blue Zone: A Novel by Andrew Gross

The Blue Zone: A Novel (edition 2007)

by Andrew Gross

Collections:Library Loans, Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, read, library, 2007, september, thriller

The Blue Zone by Andrew Gross

English (23)  Spanish (1)  All languages (24)
Not normally my cup of tea, bit I loved it. ( )
  lallycow | Feb 11, 2013 |
One of my new faves in suspense fiction! Gross got his start with James Patterson, but he really comes into his own with The Blue Zone. This book was outlandish and believable at the same time. I will most assuredly read more of him! ( )
  Djupstrom | Jan 1, 2013 |
Kate Raab is 23 years old and life is perfect. She has a close relationship with her parents and siblings, a loving boyfriend, Greg, and a promising career as a biologist. Then things start to go wrong: her father is arrested for racketeering; he has to testify against a Columbian drug cartel; her family has to abandon their wealthy lifestyle and enter the FBI’s Witness Protection Program. Allowed no contact, Kate learns to live without them: at least she has Greg to love and support her. But, just when things seem to be back on an even keel, her life turns upside down. Her best friend is shot and fighting for her life; her father has gone missing from the Program; her family’s case worker is found brutally murdered. Is the FBI lying to her? Is someone trying to kill her? Then she stumbles upon a family secret that has her wondering if everything she has trusted in her whole life has been a lie. She needs to find her father, but she no longer knows in whom she can trust. Andrew Gross’s debut into solo writing is a fast-moving nail-biter. His heroine is believable, and he makes it easy for us to identify with her thoughts, feelings and emotions. Having set the scene, he keeps the plot twists coming at full speed. Once you start reading, this one is impossible to put down. Let’s see more from Andrew Gross! ( )
  CloggieDownunder | Mar 16, 2012 |
I bought this book from a bargain bin thinking it looked OK. As soon as I started reading this fine debut solo book, I had to remark how great a buy this was.
The plot is fast paced with numerous plot twists. The author clearly thought out the storyline with great attention to making it a great thriller. I highly recommend this book to anyone that enjoys thrillers and mysteries.
The characters can be felt through the writing. You may think you understand a character but watch out - your thoughts will likely change as you read this fine thriller. I will now seek out the rest of his solo books for a high position in my reading queue. ( )
  honoliipali | Jan 21, 2012 |
I'm used to reading James Patterson and I guess I was expecting the book to be similar to his style. It was different, and I noticed it. The words doesn't "read smoothly" and some of the lines were a bit melodramatic.
  jaypee | Aug 3, 2011 |
Some nice switches and turns centering on daughter's refusal to go into witness protection after her father confesses to money laundering in order to faciliate the killing of his own brother for revenge. a predicable outcome from a very easy fast read
added by charles.peter | editBalderton Enquirer, Charles Peter

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061143413, Mass Market Paperback)

From the number one New York Times bestselling coauthor of Judge & Jury and Lifeguard comes this electrifying solo debut, The Blue Zone.

Kate Raab's life seems almost perfect: her boyfriend, her job, her family . . . until her father runs into trouble with the law. His only recourse is to testify against his former accomplices in exchange for his family's placement in the Witness Protection Program. But one of them gets cold feet. In a flash, everything Kate can count on is gone.

Now, a year later, her worst fears have happened: Her father has disappeared—into what the WITSEC agency calls "the blue zone"—and someone close to him is found brutally murdered. With her family under surveillance, the FBI untrustworthy, and her father's menacing "friends" circling with increasing intensity, Kate sets off to find her father—and uncover the secrets someone will kill to keep buried.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:01:32 -0400)

Refusing to give up her life when her parents and siblings enter the Witness Protection Program, Kate Raab is horrified when her father goes missing a year later in the aftermath of his case worker's brutal murder.

Andrew Gross is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Five editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,641,871 books! | Top bar: Always visible