The Mist by Stephen King

The Mist

by Stephen King

1,350335,702 (3.85)1 / 51
    The Old One by Todd Brabander (Pigletto)
    Bird Box by Josh Malerman (sparemethecensor)
    American Elsewhere by Robert Jackson Bennett (sparemethecensor)
    The Complete Fiction by H.P. Lovecraft (artturnerjr)
    artturnerjr: If you enjoyed what is perhaps King's best Lovecraftian work, you'll probably get a kick out of the original.
    Clickers II by J. F. Gonzalez (Scottneumann)

English (31)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (33)
I've been meaning to read The Mist for such a long time and I finally got around to it today. I liked the story, but I didn't like the characters so much. ( )
  Serenity_Tigerlily | Apr 7, 2015 |
ფილმი ბევრად სჯობს. მისტიკის ჟანრში ნორმალურია​ ( )
  buqu | Apr 3, 2015 |
I enjoyed the story, like many of his. The writing and his choice of words are brilliant. He left you hanging at the end. It felt like to me he didn't finish the story. I considered giving it 3 stars because of that. But 4 stars won it in the end. ( )
  stevealtier | Mar 29, 2015 |
The Mist
Book Review
Jack Ostrosky

The Mist by Stephen King was a great book. I really liked the book and enjoyed reading it. I thought the whole entire premise of the book was cool and exciting. My favorite part of the book was when all the mysterious creatures come out of the mist and start attacking people. Overall, it was a very good story that kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time while reading this.
The Mist is about a man named David Drayton and his son Billy who are caught in the middle of a huge storm. When David and Billy go to the local grocery store to get food and supplies they get caught in a very dense mist that takes over the town. David and Billy are now trapped in the grocery store along with other people. During the nights there are creatures who come out of the mist and start creating mayhem in the store. The creatures are not peaceful either. Many people died trying to find a way out of this mist and home. Sadly, none succeeded. At the end of the book David, his son Billy, and a lady from the store venture out into the mist looking for anything to keep going and surviving.
Stephen King is an amazing author who did a great job setting the mood and the tone in the story. I could tell when people were getting tense and when others were angered. I liked the setting of the book he put this story in. He also described the creatures very well in the most horrifying manner. This story had a very creepy edge. To sum up, The Mist by Stephen King was a great, exciting book. ( )
  jaos14 | Feb 9, 2015 |
The Mist is a great monster story. The whole plot mostly takes place inside the supermarket (at least the largest horror one). After a nasty storm a strange mist appears. And the things in it.
People escaped the mist and what is lurking in it and now they either have to wait for it to pass or to do something horrible. It isn't surprising, then, that you get a couple of stereotypical characters (an old crazy doom-sayer, a lawyer who is full of himself, a unassuming good guy and so on). The protagonist is stuck with his five-year-old son there.

As I said, it is a great monster story. I really liked that part. Unfortunately, in a story like this I need to root for the main character or at least to accept his actions on some level. That definitely doesn't happen here. I loved the story up to a particular moment that was completely unnecessary. It didn't move the story forward. All it did was to make me lose my interest. ( )
  Irena. | Nov 22, 2014 |
This is what happened. On the night of the worst heat wave in northern New England history finally broke -- the night of July 19th -- the entire western Maine region eas lashed with the most vicious thunder storm I have ever seen.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451223292, Mass Market Paperback)

In the wake of a summer storm, terror descends...

New York Times bestselling author Stephen King suspends a small town in a haze of terror-as humanity makes its last stand against unholy destruction...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:17:37 -0400)

A group of neighbors trapped in a grocery store by a supernatural mist--which may have been unintentionally unleashed by a nearby military base--must fight the horriFIC

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,730,495 books! | Top bar: Always visible