Green Eggs and Ham and Other Servings of Dr.…

Green Eggs and Ham and Other Servings of Dr. Seuss (9 titles)

by Dr. Seuss

Green Eggs and Ham will always be one of my favorite books from my childhood. It is one of the most popular children's books. Green Eggs and Ham is a great book for children to read in class because they can read the book and then they can make green eggs and ham in class. This makes the reading experience fun and experiential for both students and teachers. Kids always enjoy Dr. Seuss books, they rhyme and the pictures are always funny to look at. As a future elementary school teacher, I will definitely be reading this book to my students. ( )
  Laurengary98 | Mar 7, 2013 |
Children’s Book

Dr. Seuss. Green Eggs and Ham. Random House Books for Young Readers, 2001.
Characters: Sam I Am, and a reluctant unknown character who will not eat green eggs and ham.
Setting: Imaginary outdoor world with caves, mountains, train tracks and homes.
Theme: Trying new experiences before forming an opinion about them.
Genre: Children’s Literature.
Golden Quote: “You do not like green eggs and ham?”
Summary: Sam I Am meets a creature similar to him and asks if that individual likes green eggs and ham. The unknown creature states that he would not try green eggs and ham. Sam I Am then proceeds to take him to various locations asking him if he would like green eggs and ham there. Sam I Am also pairs up green eggs and hams with strange locations that rhyme with the word green, eggs or ham.
Audience: Ages 2 and up.
Curriculum ties: Nursery rhyme or learning how to read and speak with the aid of rhyme.
Personal Response: This is a great children’s book that has only 50 different words in it. It can be a very powerful tool to use with children in their early stages of learning how to read. This is when children can learn the rhyme of the book first and make the connections of symbols and words to certain meanings and sounds. I personally find the rhyme to be very helpful to assist kids to match up the sounds with specific words and help them learn to associate words with sounds.
  abui | Feb 8, 2013 |
I think this is a very good book for little kids. Its especially a great book for kids hew have great imaginations. Also one of Dr.Seuss great and classical books.
Green eggs and ham by Dr.Seuss is such a great book. Its not just a great book for little kids but for anyone at any age. It brings out the kid in you. Also just might bring back some good memories. This is a comical story that focuses on an unnamed character who is being convinced by Sam I am to try a new dish. Sam I am is eventually successful in making his friend try a sample of green eggs and ham. The book will make kids laugh the book will also send out and important message to have an open mind and not be afraid to experiment with new foods.
Green Eggs and Ham is great book I recommend to everyone its always good to have a laugh once and a while. it also teaches a lesson in the book witch is great for children. ( )
  JimmyGraham | Jan 11, 2013 |
Sam-I-am tries to persuade the character in the top hat to try green eggs and ham. ( )
  TIGSLibrary | Aug 10, 2010 |
Green Eggs and Ham /One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish / Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! /
I'm Not Going to Get Up Today / Oh Say Can You Say? / Fox in Socks /I Can Read with My Eyes Shut / Hop on Pop / Dr. Seuss's ABC

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0807219924, Audio CD)

9 complete stories at a great price!

Featuring:

Fox in Socks read by David Hype Pierce
I Can Read with My Eyes Shut read by Michael McKean
Hop on Pop read by David Hype Pierce
Dr. Seuss's ABC read by Jason Alexander

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:52 -0400)

Presents a collection of nine stories, including "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish," "Oh Say Can You Say?," "Fox in Socks," along with "Green Eggs and Ham."

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,583,015 books! | Top bar: Always visible