I Shall Not Be Moved by Maya Angelou

I Shall Not Be Moved

by Maya Angelou

192361,769 (3.69)None
Recently added bylcurtiss1238, bluet, jennifersoule, Moviegal, mhagenberg, private library, kimallyn, jhayboy, rh_widget, rlangston
Legacy LibrariesTupac Shakur

A mixed bag on first read but I found a lot more on the second. Favourites Fightin' Was Natural, Coleidge Jackson, Worker's Song, Human Family. ( )
  rlangston | Jan 2, 2014 |
dosen't speak to me ( )
  dablackwood | Feb 5, 2010 |
Maya Angelou is known for her simple yet profound poetry. I think that this collection would be excellent for high school students because Angelou deals with social issues, and relays her message in a way that is not intimidating for readers who might not gravitate towards poetry. ( )
  lhicks5 | Aug 15, 2009 |

In her first book of poetry since Why Don't You Sing? Maya Angelou, bestselling author of the classic autobiography I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, writes with lyric, passionate intensity that reaches out to touch the heart and mind. This memorable collection of poems exhibits Maya Angelou's unique gift for capturing the triumph and pain of being black and every man and woman's struggle to be free. Filled with bittersweet intimacies and ferocious courage, these poems are gems–many-faceted, bright with wisdom, radiant with life.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:41:56 -0400)

In her first book of poetry in seven years Maya Angelou, bestselling author of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, demonstrates her unique gift for capturing the triumph and pain of being black and the struggle to be free. Filled with bittersweet intimacies and ferocious courage, these poems are gems--many-faceted, bright with wisdom, radiant with life.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,311,564 books! | Top bar: Always visible