Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Player's…

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook, 2nd Edition (original 1989; edition 1989)

by David "Zeb" Cook (Designer)

Member:Unigames
Title:Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook, 2nd Edition
Authors:David "Zeb" Cook
Info:TSR (1989), Edition: Revised and Expanded, Hardcover, 255 pages
Collections:AD&D, Sticker: Red, Condition: Fair, rpg, Your library
Tags:AD&D, Sticker: Red, Condition: Fair, rpg

Player's Handbook (2nd Edition) by David Cook (Designer) (1989)

I'm more of a third edition kind of guy, well, 3.5 to be precise, but the first game of D&D I ever played was second edition (one person insisted on playing as an aurumvorax), and my current Ravenloft game is using second edition rules.

I had never read the rule book for second cover to cover so when the DM told me what she had in mind I had to scramble for a copy. Its really very interesting. I can understand a lot of the changes that were eventually made, but the flexibility with these rules are worth the extra effort. A concerted effort had been made to include as much 'real-life' detail and probabilities as possible. This can bog down a game, but in the right hands these rules make the whole role-playing experience *index finger to eyeglass bridge here* as immersive as possible.

Reading the book also got me excited for all things D&D again. I thought I could just play the game on spare evenings, but I've started deciding which of my friends I can strong-arm into a campaign of my own. ( )
  ManWithAnAgenda | Feb 18, 2019 |
Used this many times while playing D&D. Prefer the previous editions, though. ( )
  herebedragons | Feb 4, 2007 |

Pennington, JackIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pickens, Jonsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sutherland, DaveIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Winter, Stevesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This is the indispensable encyclopedia of fantasy role-playing and also the perfect companion to the referee's 2nd Edition Dungeon Master's Guide. Everything players need is here: how to determine a character's Strength, Wisdom, Charisma, and other abilities; the differences among the various fantasy races, from elves and halflings to dwarves, gnomes, and others; complete rules for character improvement; the most advantageous mapping and combat procedures; and much more, all in this easy-to-use, revised version of the classic role-playing rulebook. With this 2nd Edition, the best-selling role-playing game in history gets even better!

For many gamers, the 2nd Edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons core rulebooks were their introduction to the roleplaying game hobby. The AD&D Player's Handbook presents all of the information a player needs to create an AD&D character from scratch and advance the character in level. This reprint of the classic rulebook features a new cover design.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,091,086 books! | Top bar: Always visible