Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Garden of the Purple Dragon by Carole…

Garden of the Purple Dragon

by Carole Wilkinson

Series: Dragonkeeper (2)

4461035,373 (4.13)1 / 22

English (8)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  All languages (10)
I have not yet read this book.
  LynneQuan | Sep 18, 2017 |
did not disappoint. fantastic story. and gotta love ping and kai ( )
  ritapt | Jun 13, 2014 |
GARDEN OF THE PURPLE DRAGON had been an intriguing read. The world-building was well written out. The emotion was dead on! It was the pacing of the book that didn't do quite well for me. Overall, a good read. ( )
  wishforteax | Aug 6, 2012 |
Garden of the Purple Dragon wasn't as deeply rooted in dragon culture as the first book in this series, Dragon Keeper, had been, but it was still a wonderful read for me. I simply could not put this book down. The author must have spent countless hours researching the culture of China and all of the myth and legend surrounding the dragon in order to continue this series, because there is not a moment that has slacked in this aspect in any way.

I wasn't as pleased with Ping in this book, perhaps because she had Danzai to contrast her in the previous one, but she came across as constantly unsure of herself and very clumsy. The entire theme of the book is learning; learning to trust yourself, learning to trust others, learning to trust your instincts, learning what it is to have someone under your care.

Overall, this is a wonderful continuation to the series and I can not wait for the conclusion because I so long to have Ping and Danzai reunited again. He brings so much to these books that I deeply felt the lack of him in this story. Young readers will look forward to the adventure of discovery and will gain strength from seeing someone their own age pulling through the tough times to find something more, knowing that no matter what happens there is always hope and there is always friendship. ( )
  mirrani | Apr 15, 2012 |
This is the second story in the series and interesting. However, there was a bit of a reading gap between book 1 and book 2 and I found it a little difficult to get into the swing of the book. Ping is a great character and her heart is with the Dragon.

I could see some of what was going to happen flagged pretty clearly in the story but it was the overall story and the growth in the characters that kept me going.

Interesting series and I'm going to have to keep going with it, possibly with a quicker turnover between reads. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Sep 7, 2009 |

Carole Wilkinsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Knecht, PeterTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Marinus Willem de Visser 1875-1930 The ultimate sino-dracologist
The chatter of cascading water was the only sound that could be heard.

In China during the Han Dynasty, young Ping, doubting that she is the true dragonkeeper, struggles to care for the baby dragon, Kai, in the desolate mountains of Tai Shan, until fate leads her back to the Imperial Palace and the Garden of the Purple Dragon, but even in the safety of the palace, enemies abound and tempt her to try to escape her destiny.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,492,931 books! | Top bar: Always visible