Masquerade by Melissa De la Cruz

Masquerade (2009)

by Melissa De la Cruz

Questo secondo volume della triologia di Melissa de la Cruz è, a mio avviso, nettamente superiore al primo.
Benchè io non ami molto i libri improntanti sulla scia di Gossip Girl devo ammettere che l'idea rivoluzionaria di De La Cruz mi incuriosisce decisamente. Vampiri che non sono altro che Angeli caduti. Un tocco di originalità!

Finalmente Schuyler comincia a comportarsi da protagonista e ad agire come dovrebbe.

I protagonisti sono sempre più delineati e caratterizzati al meglio, Mimi è la 'cattiva' per tutta la durata del libro, Jake continua a barcamenarsi fra Schuyler e la sua gemella, Olly è diviso fra il suo amore ed il suo ruolo di Conduit e Bliss continua a cercare Dylan, nonostante sia morto da mesi.

Il tutto sullo sfondo di nuove sparizioni e nuovi sprazzi del passato dei Sangue Blu dove, scopriremo, perfino la nostra protagonosta nasconde ancora molte sorprese. ( )
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
I continue to be sucked in by this series. The differences between these books and the majority of the vampire genre make the books more interesting. The intrigue of the mystery of the Silver Bloods keep you on the edge of your seat. The complicated relationships have you scratching your head and changing your favorites from page to page. It's an exciting world that de la Cruz has created for us, and I find myself devouring the books! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
it's been like an hour and a half, and I am on chapter 10. it is an easy read but I am not really comfortable about the whole brother/sister lovers cambo!!! it is disturbing! I can't believe Bliss and Schuyler are sisters!!

Schuyler Van Alen wants an explanation for the mysterious deaths of young vampires. With her best friend, Oliver, Schuyler travels to Italy in the hope of finding the one man who can help her.... her "grandfather." Meanwhile, back in New York, preparations are feverishly under way for the Four Hundred Ball, an exclusive gala hosted by the city's wealthy, powerful and a true Blue Blood affair. But it's at the after-party, a masquerade ball thrown by the cunning Mimi Force, that the real danger lurks. Hidden behind the masks is a revelation that will forever change the course of a young vampire's destiny. Rich with glamour, attitude, and vampire lore, this second installment in the Blue Bloods saga will leave readers thirsting for more. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
I ordered this from itunes and read it in one day it was really good. ( )
  LaBla | Feb 6, 2016 |
"We become so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others, that at last we are disguised to ourselves."-- Francois Duc de la Rochefoucauld
"...the thing I am becomes something else...The shadow is cast."--Bauhaus, "Mask"
For my brother, Francis de la Cruz, stalwart ally and kindred spirit And for my husband, Mike Johnston, without whom the Silver Bloods would not exist.
The pigeons had taken over St. Mark's Square.

Schuyler Van Alen is starting to get more comfortable with her newfound vampire powers, but she still has many unanswered questions. A trip to Italy in search of her grandfather only serves to make things more confusing. What secrets are the leaders of The Committee hiding? Meanwhile, back in New York, preparations are feverishly underway for the famous Four Hundred Ball. In true Blue Blood fashion, the ball is totally fab, complete with masks—and hidden behind this masquerade is a revelation that will change the course of a young vampire’s destiny.

The thrilling sequel in Melissa de la Cruz’s vampire mythology has all the glamour, attitude, and vampire lore that made the first book a hit.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:49 -0400)

Schuyler Van Alen, growing comfortable with her newfound vampire powers, seeks her grandfather in Italy, while back in New York plans are being completed for the fabulous Four Hundred Ball, to be followed by an elite, teens-only event at which masks hide a terrible secret.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,494,653 books! | Top bar: Always visible