Chateau des Etoiles (le) T1

Chateau des Etoiles (le) T1 (2014)

A year after his mother disappeared in her hot air balloon, Seraphin and his father receive a clue that sends them to a Bavarian castle where lurks a force that would stop at nothing to conquer the stars.
Member:sereq_ieh_dashret
Title:Chateau des Etoiles (le) T1
Authors:
Info:
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Rating:*****

Castle in the Stars: The Space Race of 1869 by Alex Alice (2014)

This "little" book is wondful, fantastic, a delight to read and look at. Not only the pictures are fantastic, the story is too.

Thank you to the publishers for the ARC I received through NetGalley. ( )
  JulesGDSide | Nov 29, 2018 |
I saw this graphic novel at our library and it immediately grabbed my attention. This was a very well done graphic novel and is appropriate for middle grade and older readers.

The artwork is done in a watercolor style and is absolutely amazing; incredibly detailed and easy to follow.

This is a steampunk story full of adventure and intrigue. The story is exciting, magical, and has great characters throughout.

Overall I enjoyed this book a lot and plan on continuing with the series. My 11 year old son also really enjoyed this book. I am exciting to see what book 2, The Moon King, is like when it releases in September. ( )
  krau0098 | Apr 11, 2018 |
Excellent piece of steampunk for the 8-12 age range! Set in an alternate version of 1869's German Empire this is an exciting story of spies, air flight and derring-do. We are given a brief synopsis of the German states at the time, specifically Bavaria, Prussia, Austria and Germany, so as to understand the political espionage going on. Three children find there is a Prussian spy amongst the Bavarian court and the "Knights of Aether" are trying to lure him out. Meanwhile, a great ship is being constructed for the Bavarian king to find the invisible land of Aether. And that's just a brief summary of the intricate plot! I loved all the main character, two boys and a girl. And the secondary ones also: the villain and the father. Well written, I totally enjoyed the book and look forward to the sequel. The art, on the other hand, was not the greatest for me. Sketchy watercolours were hidden and hard to see with the plethora of speech bubbles crowding most frames. ( )
  ElizaJane | Oct 4, 2017 |
1868 . . .

The Age of Progress, and era of industry.
"Originally published in 2014 in French by Rue de Sèvres as Le château des étoiles - 1869: La conquête de l'espace - volume 1" -- title page verso.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,935,863 books! | Top bar: Always visible