From the Library of C. S. Lewis: Selections…

From the Library of C. S. Lewis: Selections from Writers Who Influenced…

by James S. Bell, Jr.

186163,528 (4)1

Of the many "Lewis related" books released in the four decades since his death, this is one of the most fascinating. As one of the most influential and popular Christian intellectuals of the past century, Lewis has generated inevitable interest in his literary and spiritual influences, and this anthology is the ideal introductory guide to the subject. - Adam
  stephencrowe | Nov 11, 2015 |

Discover great truths from C. S. Lewis’s mentors

C. S. Lewis was perhaps the greatest Christian thinker of the twentieth century. He delighted us in The Chronicles of Narnia, intrigued us in The Screwtape Letters, mystified us in The Space Trilogy, and convinced us in Mere Christianity. His influence on generations of Christians has been immeasurable.

But who influenced C. S. Lewis? What were the sources of his inspiration? Who were his spiritual mentors? Who were his teachers?

Drawn from Lewis’s personal library, annotations, and references from his writings, the selections in this book bring us into contact with giants such as Dante, Augustine, and Chaucer, as well as introduce us to more contemporary writers such as G. K. Chesterton, Charles Williams, George MacDonald, and J. R. R. Tolkien. Over 250 selections provide a vast array of inspiration from those who have shone forth as messengers of light in Lewis’s own thinking, writing, and spiritual growth.

A rare glimpse into the intellectual, spiritual, and creative life of one of literature’s great writers, From the Library of C. S. Lewis is a treasury of insight and wisdom.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:49 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,874,665 books! | Top bar: Always visible