Future Grace by John Piper

Future Grace (edition 1995)

by John Piper (Author)

This book helps readers discover the key to overcoming sin and living a life that honors God. John Piper encourages believers to look ahead to the grace God provides for us on a day-by-day, moment-by-moment basis.
Member:JFDausman
Title:Future Grace
Authors:John Piper (Author)
Info:Multnomah Books (1995), Edition: First Edition. first printing, 448 pages

Future Grace by John Piper

Very challenging and thought-provoking book discussing the motivation for our obedience. Commonly we are told to obey God out of gratitude for God's grace to us in the past. While affirming the importance of gratitude, Piper argues that it is a poor motivation for obedience, which is why God offers us so many promises for grace in the future as motivations. He then demonstrates how faith in God's future grace offers the best motivation for victory over various plaguing sins and how it enflames our passion for God.
I found myself challenged several times through the book, yet I found that Piper had the weight of Scripture on his side. Highly recommended, but come ready to consider what he says. I also recommend the 1 chapter a day for a month approach. ( )
  HGButchWalker | Sep 21, 2016 |
One of the best books I have ever read, period. Had more impact on my life than perhaps any other book. ( )
  justindtapp | Jun 3, 2015 |
Some helpful ideas; book gets redundant after a while ( )
  thewykoffs | Jan 1, 2009 |
The author explains how sin gets its power and how the Christian's answer to breaking its hold is forward-looking faith tin the promises of God.
  gnbclibrary | Sep 27, 2008 |
This is the definitive book on "Faith." Without a doubt, Future Grace is the most important book in my life apart from God's Word. ( )
  billmeister16 | Jul 29, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,201,085 books! | Top bar: Always visible