King and the Dragonflies by Kacen Callender

King and the Dragonflies (edition 2020)

by Kacen Callender (Author)

"In a small but turbulent Louisiana town, one boy's grief takes him beyond the bayous of his backyard, to learn that there is no right way to be yourself"--
Member:KLHtet
Title:King and the Dragonflies
Authors:Kacen Callender (Author)
Info:Scholastic Press (2020), 272 pages

King and the Dragonflies by Kacen Callender

Racism, homophobia, toxic masculinity, abuse and grief; everything is brewed into one satisfying read in this middle grade fiction. ( )
  KLHtet | Jun 17, 2020 |
I didn’t think I’d pick this one up because CW: sibling death, and lately I've been wishing I could talk to my late sister all the time. But I couldn’t help listening to the audiobook anyway (and ordering myself a print copy after) because I love Kacen Callender's writing. Also this book is beautiful and is probably my favourite by them so far. ( )
  marineko | Mar 30, 2020 |
Please read my review on Amazon.com under C. Wong. Thank you. ( )
  Carolee888 | Oct 25, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,657,534 books! | Top bar: Always visible