Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas

Tallgrass

by Sandra Dallas

The novel, Tallgrass, opened my eyes to a space and time I did not know existed. I knew internment camps were utilized in Germany during WW II but I did was not aware of the conflict in the United States. I loved the way the author told the story from her point of view rather than the victim. ( )
  RustyWatson | Jun 29, 2014 |
I have enjoyed everything that I've read by Sandra Dallas and this was no exception! A good book! ( )
  CharlaOppenlander | Apr 4, 2014 |
  CharlaOppenlander | Apr 4, 2014 |
"They didn’t much care whether it was right or wrong to force those people, many of them born on American soil, as Dad pointed out, from their homes and into camps. If you pressed them, people said we’re at war, and better be safe than sorry.
"

This historical novel revolves around the heinous murder of a young girl. It addresses the racial and social struggles of a family living in a small town adjacent to a Japanese internment camp called “Tallgrass”. The Colorado historian based it on the real southeastern Colorado Amache internment camp and the historical voices of this terrible period in our nation’s history.
  AmronGravett | Apr 11, 2013 |
3.5 stars

My blog post about this book is at this link. ( )
  SuziQoregon | Mar 31, 2013 |

Sandra Dallasprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Lloyd Athearn and
In memory of Forrest Dallas (1903-1973)
Two awful good men
The summer I was thirteen, the Japanese came to Ellis.
ISBN 0805039414 is for In the Tall, Tall Grass by Denise Fleming

During Word War II, a family fnds life turned upside down when the government opens a Japanese internment camp in their small Colorado town. After a young girl is murdered, all eyes (and suspicions) turn to the newcomers, the interlopers, the strangers.

Part thriller, part historical novel, Tallgrass is a riveting exploration of the darkest---and best---parts of the human heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:41:24 -0400)

"During World War II, a family finds life turned upside down when the government opens a Japanese internment camp in their small Colorado town. After a young girl is murdered, all eyes (and suspicions) turn to the newcomers, the interlopers, the strangers." "This is her town as Rennie Stroud has never seen it before. She has just turned thirteen and, until this time, life has pretty much been what her father told her it should be: predictable and fair. But now the winds of change are coming and, with them, a shift in her perspective. And Rennie will discover secrets that can destroy even the most sacred things."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,690,579 books! | Top bar: Always visible