Lace Style: Traditional to Innovative, 21…

Lace Style: Traditional to Innovative, 21 Inspired Designs to Knit (edition 2007)

by Pam Allen, Ann Budd

Member:Bettina
Title:Lace Style: Traditional to Innovative, 21 Inspired Designs to Knit
Authors:Pam Allen
Other authors:Ann Budd
Info:Interweave Press (2007), Edition: illustrated edition, Paperback, 160 pages

Lace Style: Traditional to Innovative, 21 Inspired Designs to Knit by Pam Allen

Thoroughly enjoyed the items I knit from this book and I have several more planned. I don't do lace, and was sure I didn't want this book and would never knit from it. I bought it to make the Katherine Hepburn cardigan as a gift. It turns out I really like many of the patterns, and have put items from this book on my to-do list.

The book has 21 patterns and only 3 pages with errata, but the sizing seems to run small and tight. ( )
  dmrauch | Apr 20, 2008 |
Love this book. Love it. Not a lace knitter but I am one now! ( )
  margaretsinclair | Jan 21, 2008 |
Love, Love, LOVE!!! It is hard to decide what to do first. I think the cover jacket is it though, feather and fan is my favorite pattern ever. ( )
  TheLibraryhag | Aug 9, 2007 |
This is a fantastic book with excellent, beautiful, modern patterns that I can't wait to try. ( )
  liberry | Jul 10, 2007 |
From the creators of Scarf Style and Wrap Style, here is a compilation of diverse projects that illustrate a wide variety of lace styles. The collection, including sweaters, hats, jackets, socks, shrugs, a dress and more, showcases a sense of current style without being overly trendy. A whole chapter on designing explains the elements of knitted lace, how they work with each other, and how to incorporate lace patterns into your own designs. Whether you’re an experienced knitter looking for inspiration or a beginner trying lace knitting for the first time, Lace Style has everything you need to knit lace with confidence.

Preview designs

Pam Allenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Budd, Annmain authorall editionsconfirmed

NEEDLEWORK & FABRIC CRAFTS. Custom handbags and handcrafted purses are hotter than ever - bags have become the trendy way to show off personal style. As knitters move away from the scarf, bags are replacing them as the most popular small project to make. From a tiny pouch to carry an iPod to a generous tote based on nineteenth-century carpet bags to a felted messenger-style bag to a delicate purse with handles made of bracelets, knitters and crocheters will find loads of practical projects and inventive inspiration from twenty top knitwear designers. Each project features gorgeous photographs and step-by-step instructions. In addition to 22 innovative patterns, the Design Notebook chapter examines the essence of the knitted bag and how to create a bag of your own. You can learn ways to give a knitted or crocheted bag shape, depth, stability, handles, closures, and fasteners.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,487,741 books! | Top bar: Always visible