Daughter of the Storm by Tina Callaghan

Daughter of the Storm

by Tina Callaghan

731,697,940 (3.67)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book as an ARC, but am voluntarily and honestly reviewing it. It was a good read. The story line was interesting but a bit slow. I enjoyed going through the discovery with the main character Lia who goes to an island to find out what really happened to her father.

The thrill of finding out what was really happening on the island and why was interesting. Even though i tended to be a bit slow in some parts I enjoyed it enough to finish reading it. Which says a lot for me, because if I find a book too slow I don't complete it. ( )
  BFernandes | Sep 11, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I had the opportunity to review this novel from the Library Thing Early Reviewers Program. I can definitively say this: It is like nothing I've read before. In a really really good way! The prose is well-written, and flows along perfectly. Although, I feel that the main character’s use of words were not quite what an NY girl would use. Though, a small comment. The plot is as interesting and in-depth as it gets. I didn't go into this novel, knowing the plot, and was quite shocked with the turn of events! I would definitely recommend. ( )
  SheaReviews | Aug 27, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received a free copy of this book through LibraryThing Early Readers.

For me this was a book of two halves. The first half was great, the suspense build up was good and I wanted to read the rest of the book. However, once we had the "reveal" (I won't say what as I don't want spoil this for anyone else) the book slowed and the second half really dragged, it could have been over in half the time. I also had concerns about how young the main character was. She had left home in America and flown all the way to an Irish island and then took up with a young man there and no one seemed particularly worried. Her character came across as a lot older than her stated age and in fact she could have been older without the plot being affected. ( )
  JaneDickerson | Aug 27, 2019 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Tina Callaghan's book Daughter of the Storm is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,130,476 books! | Top bar: Always visible