At Bertram's Hotel (Miss Marple, Book 10) by…

At Bertram's Hotel (Miss Marple, Book 10) (original 1965; edition 1984)

by Agatha Christie

Member:libraryman_76021
Title:At Bertram's Hotel (Miss Marple, Book 10)
Authors:Agatha Christie
Info:Pocket (1984), Paperback
Collections:Your library, Books
Rating:****1/2
Tags:england, jane marple, mystery fiction, paperback

At Bertram's Hotel by Agatha Christie (1965)

English (33)  Danish (2)  Spanish (1)  Dutch (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (38)
This is about the 5th or 6th Agatha Christie book that I've read in a row. Whole I found the plot to this book captivating, I was frustrated that the ending answered as many questions as it opened up, thus was left feeling unsatisfied. I also find that reading AC books sometimes feels (to me) like I'm reading a play. The characters are 2-dimensional and I don't really connect. ( )
  jrsearcher | Feb 12, 2015 |
Just okay - I am not a mystery fan. ( )
  anitatally | Jan 25, 2015 |
Jane Marple is traditionally based in the village of St .Mary Mead, but this case involves an extremely respectable London hotel, catering to nice old ladies and Anglican clergy. ( )
  antiquary | Oct 19, 2014 |
I figured out some of the little mysteries, but the biggest plot twist ended up being a complete surprise. I love Christie and her Miss Marple character is so aware of things. ( )
  sriemann | Jul 22, 2014 |
Enjoyable, though Christie is a bit more skakey when she tries to move past the cozies, here with an international crime syndicate. In some ways it was reminscent of The Seven Dials. Well done and fun but there is only one more unread Christe in the pile!
  amyem58 | Jul 15, 2014 |

Agatha Christieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brinchmann, JacobTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cole, StephanieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Leach, RosemaryNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mäenpää, SimoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Harry Smith
because I appreciate the scientific way
he reads my books
In the heart of the West End, there are many quiet pockets, unknown to almost all but taxi drivers who traverse them with expert knowledge, and arrive triumphantly thereby at Park Lane, Berkeley Square or South Audley Street.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451199936, Mass Market Paperback)

Miss Jane Marple is enjoying her stay at London's elegant Bertram's Hotel. But its impeccable, old-world reputation is tarnished by new blood when someone disreputable checks in.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:34 -0400)

When Miss Marple comes up from the country for a holiday in London, she finds what she's looking for at Bertram's Hotel: traditional decor, impeccable service and an unmistakable atmosphere of danger behind the highly polished veneer. Yet not even Miss Marple can foresee the violent chain of events set in motion when an eccentric guest makes his way to the airport on the wrong day.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,868,593 books! | Top bar: Always visible