My Horizontal Life: A Collection of…

My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands (original 2005; edition 2005)

by Chelsea Handler

2,2191064,327 (3.45)42
Member:mypolaropposite
Title:My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands
Authors:Chelsea Handler
Info:Bloomsbury USA (2005), Paperback, 213 pages
Collections:Wishlist

My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands by Chelsea Handler (2005)

English (105)  Italian (1)  All languages (106)
Not really a fan. Yes, a lot of it was very funny and it was awesome that a woman is speaking so blatantly about her sexual escapades but...overall the author's lack of respect for the people she encountered really just turned me off. I also didn't really enjoy the frequent references to the extreme amounts of alcohol she seemingly relied on; I'm just past that point in my life and find it more annoying than anything. Not a bad book, just not for me. :) ( )
  brittburkard | Feb 4, 2019 |
Very disappointing. ( )
  bribre01 | May 6, 2018 |
Chelsea Handler is hilarious! It was as though she was sitting with me narrating the entire time; she does a great job capturing her voice in words. I will definitely be reading her other books! ( )
  JamieBH | Apr 3, 2018 |
This book is wrong in so many ways. ( )
  CSDaley | Mar 28, 2018 |
I had this book for a while and decided to give it a read, I had no idea who Chelsea Handler was, but I had heard that this was a funny book, and I needed something fun and light to pass a few hours.

I noticed some of the reviewers on here were complaining about how disgusting this book is, and I wonder whether they read the same book I did?, or if perhaps they needed some sort of humour transplant?

This book isn't a step by step detail of the one night stand's Handler had but, more about the funny situations that occurred around it. It was pretty laugh out funny in some parts, especially at the beginning and in the middle but then, it became less funny towards the end, and that is when I started realising Chelsea's life was in fact pretty empty, with no real depth. Then again, perhaps that is what Chelsea meant the book to be...Just a collection of funny anecdotes with no real depth,Which was fine by me.

Anyway, it was a very quick and light read and I finished the book, within 3 hours believe it or not!
I would definitely give another one of her books a go, the next time I want a something light and fun to read, that doesn't press too heavy on the old braincells. ( )
  TineSidhe | Aug 23, 2017 |

Chelsea Handlerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Blong, JenniPhotographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Itallie, ElizabethCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my parents-
Thank you for having me. Now look what I've done.

I was seven years old when my sister told me she'd give me five dollars to run upstairs into my parents' room while they were having sex and take a picture.

Handler chronicles what can happen to one very intoxicated, outgoing woman during one night of passion-- repeated over and over with lots and lots of men.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,366,691 books! | Top bar: Always visible