Inner Tenderings by Louise Wilson

Inner Tenderings (1996)

by Louise Wilson

202764,590 (4)None

Spiritual autobiography by the founder of Virginia Beach Friends Meeting, NCYM-Cons. ( )
  FriendshipFLibrary | Jul 6, 2016 |
A very interesting memoir of a Friend from North Carolina Yearly Meeting (Conservative).

I found my reactions varied as I read the book. I was thrilled to read more about Howard Thurman. It occurred to me he was rather like a guru for her.

I also found her continual struggles with her husband interesting. Reading a memoir like this strips the author to the core, I suppose, but what came through was almost a feeling that he was emotionally abusive. Yet, I am also certain that was not what she wanted to write.

The other reaction I had that was quite interesting was my openness to her message when she spoke of Christ and her Christology, but how I shut down when she shifted her language to speak of Jesus and her Jesusology. Of course, this says more about me (and where I am spiritually?) than it does about her.

Recommended read..... ( )
  kaulsu | Jun 12, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,458,747 books! | Top bar: Always visible